XMLTV Support

breezytm

breezytm

Hey guys, 

Any update on this? Also what is the priority looking like? I feel like i've been waiting forever and not quite sure how much longer I will be waiting for. 

Thanks, 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Australian users really need this for the live TV to be useful using built-in live TV support. The guide provider is back in business and it provides xmltv files. Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Chubby Arse

Guys, can you give me details of how you currently generate and consume XMLTv data:

• What app / PVR are you currently using XMLTv with?
  • Does your app / PVR grab the data for you and provide configuration options?
  • If not:
    • What do you use to grab XMLTv data
    • How do you configure it?
  • Do you do any post processing of the XMLTv data before you allow the app to use the data

I'm sure there are other questions I'll think of later.

Thanks

breezytm

What @@fc7 says. I currently have mc2xml running on my nas box as a cron job. I also have emby running on my nas. It would be perfect. I currently can not use emby for live tv because I don't have any epg data and it sucks. I thought this was going to happen sooner than later when EmbyTV was released and the dev told me it was in his to do list. 

jasonmcroy

I have used mc2xml and one other I can't think of right now. Funny thing is that even when I used mc2xml (this was when I used NextPVR and Argus TV) I always used the option to pull the data in from Schedules Direct with that program which is how I use Emby TV right now anyway. I think Schedules Direct is awesome and it pulls down channel logos for the EPG grid automatically. I used to have to do this manually with NextPVR. 

I do understand those that want to use one of these services to pull the guide data but I pay Schedules Direct 25.00 for a year of guide data which isn't bad at all and it supports their efforts to provide a good epg solution.

jasonmcroy

Now I understand much better why others need this. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

rkulagow

Nor the UK, not in full anyway

I know that we're missing channels in the UK, and trust me, we're trying everything we can to get them into the upstream data. I believe that for most lineups there should be over 80% of the channels available.

What @@fc7 says. I currently have mc2xml running on my nas box as a cron job. I also have emby running on my nas. It would be perfect. I currently can not use emby for live tv because I don't have any epg data and it sucks. I thought this was going to happen sooner than later when EmbyTV was released and the dev told me it was in his to do list. 

Also I don't have anything against SD actually I'm speaking through another channel with @@rkulagow to provide a lineup for FTA TV in my city so I can subscribe to SD.

Having said that supporting only one EPG provider in Emby is kind of restrictive, even exclusive for people in some countries like Australia that don't even have the chance to use SD service.

XMLTV seems to be commonly supported by many other OSS solutions aswell so it sounds like a good idea to support it in Emby also.

Just my two cents.

PS: @@rkulagow don't forget about me! :)

Edited by fc7

Spaceboy

I know that we're missing channels in the UK, and trust me, we're trying everything we can to get them into the upstream data. I believe that for most lineups there should be over 80% of the channels available.

Well until tuner cards are supported it's a non starter any way. But at the moment I use digiguide because they support 99% of channels in my sky satellite package

And I used to use dg2xml, then dvblink had a digiguide plugin for a while so it became much more reliable, now they've withdrawn it but it's still available if you have a licence

Edited by Spaceboy

Mayankel

I use Webgrab+ as grabber and DVBLink. It works fine but DVBlink don't use some flags that Webgrab aport as Country, Parental ratting...

It would be great if Emby could import xmltv files.

Regards :)