Music Library Metadata Refresh

Cerothen

Cerothen

I have been having quite a bit of trouble with music metadata as well. The issue doesn't appear to be the actual file's metadata (All the music that emby has access to has been run through beets) however emby doesn't seem to always get the data on the library scan. (On the original scan it seems to just log the file in and doesn't even do the probe to get the file information)

I started out reading this thread and decided that this issue seems different enough to be its own thread. http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27634-music-metadata-consistency/?hl=%2Bmusic+%2Bmetadata

The result is that I have an artist (lets use the Red Hot Chili Peppers for this example) that appears to have no music however if I search for the actual file name (Californication) then the search shows the file. Once I refresh the file it shows that it belongs to an album, when I go to the album I have to refresh the album in order to have it show up under the artist (sometimes when I refresh the album it doesn't work and I have to do it a second time).

Its a little inconvenient as I have to do this for every album that doesn't show up by default and when I refresh I actually have to do it from the album page and cant do it in the metadata manager (and cant just set the whole library to go at once).

Is there a better way or plans to improve the music metadata management?