Desperate Plea to Kodi Devs!

mellomade

mellomade

Hi Guys,

I have a request that I hope you might be able to indulge me with.

I have this quirky problem I have discussed here a few times now - and I have found where my problem lies.  I use an iOS remote control app called SimpleControl (formerly Roomie Remote) that updates its watched status for movies and tv shows using not only the playCount entry in the 'movie_view' and 'episode_view' tables in the Kodi database - but they also use the 'lastPlayed' entry and the resume status time as outlined here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25653-request-update-lastplayed-in-kodi-db/

Is there any way you could have these 2 view entries updated when the library is initially synced?  Something like if playCount is >1 then add the current date/time to lastPlayed?  I am not sure if the Emby server keeps track of play count or date/time of last play (I don't think it does).

Or even something like when the 'W' key is pressed in Kodi (for manually marking watched/unwatched) - in addition to updating playCount the lastPlayed date is updated with the current date/time?

Any time this lastPlayed entry for either 'movie_view' or 'episode_view' tables is NULL - SimpleControl always shows the status as 'unwatched'.  It drives me nuts.....

Anyways I know this is a long shot - but it would really help me and anyone else using this stupid remote control software........ :)

Thanks!

Angelblue05

Are you using plugin paths or direct paths? You can find out in the add-on settings > sync option.

If you are using plugin paths, I know where the issue lies. It's not because we don't assign lastplayed, but rather because Kodi creates a conflicting entry in the database. Then the lastplayed is not applied to the correct entry anymore. I've been working on a solution but it requires time. It will get fix, hopefully in a decent amount of time.

If you are using direct paths, then its a different story, and should work correctly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

mellomade

Thanks for the quick response @@Angelblue05.  I am using direct paths.

If I start from scratch and sync the db - the playCount is updated to reflect the watched status Emby reports.  But it leaves lastPlayed as NULL.  If I watch a movie or episode in Kodi - Kodi updates that lastPlayed entry and all is good. 

The trouble is if I reset the db - lastPlayed goes back to NULL for all those movies I watched.

Do you expect the lastPlayed entry to be updated when the initial scan is run when using direct paths?

Thanks!