Almost all NextPVR recordings showing as partially watched in Emby

vaise

Almost all recordings have a green tick on them, as if they have been partially watched.  If you play them on the Roku, they default to 'resume' and if you click on that, they start almost at the end.  Its never at the end, just almost.  We are used to clicking 'play from beginning' - but it is difficult to see what you have watched and what you have not.  I don't get why a few shows don't seem to have this issue at all.  I have attached a screenshot fro the emby web - I suppose I could take a photo of it on the roku if that helps.

Anyone seen this ?  

Thanks.

post-2436-0-89434000-1447903918_thumb.jpg

Anyone else using Roku's and NextPVR plugin for Emby that can prove this is busted - and not something in my config ?

we base user data on the content so if you have the same movie recorded multiple times they'll all show as watched if you've seen that movie

Hi,  Thanks for the update.  You are correct - I just did a test.

To clarify the issue :

I am recording FTA recorded TV shows using NextPVR.  If you try playing one, it thinks it is in the middle of being played (hence resume is the default), it you click resume, then pause - you can see it is close to the end of the show.  I had five 'megastructures' TV shows there - none showed ticks as I had not played them before.  I played one - and now they all have ticks, and pick up the same number of minutes through.

If you are saying the show TITLE is used to decide if it should be 'played' or not, I just checked and all the file names are different - as in they are appended with the date/time of recording i.e 'The Project_20151125_18301930' - however In Emby, it is just showing their 'real metadata' names i.e 'The Project'.  That explains why even though we have no 'The Project' shows left as all deleted, the next one that appears thinks it is watched and about an hour though - as the previous one was (that was since deleted).  

I think everyone would agree this is obviously no good for a PVR solution.  

Can someone tell me what I have to do to change the config so this does not happen ?  I am going to try activating the setting that says 'Use S01E01 file naming format if possible - however im not sure if this will help as that is just the file naming, maybe not the metadata.

One thing that would work (and make it more like Windows media centre), it to NOT use metadata for the Live TV Recordings - hence all shows will be different then.

Thanks.

we do it for recordings marked as movies and then we've been using a combination of name and episode title but i'm going to tighten that up a bit to only do it when appropriate.

I have gone through all the NextPVR settings, and I have unticked the 'Metadata/Artwork' downloading in that application.  Just in case it is on that end that this is happening.  I assume it is a NextPVR task - as the recordings folder is not added to my Emby folders.  I have also removed the S01E01 file renaming on NextPVR too.  

I am hoping this will just mean a load of files show up, with file names, not metadata - hence Enby wont get confused and think they have been watched.

Not an ideal solution, but it if works, all well and good.

I have just tried a recording just now as a test (Judge Judy), but it it still showing as Judge Judy - probably getting than name from the TV Guide ?  So this is NOT going to fix this problem.  I guess I will have to leave it up to the dev's to fix this issue.  I still cant see how everyone is NOT getting this issue on Live TV recordings and complaining also ?

i.e record a TV show (say 1 hour long with 10 mins padding at the end), you watch the TV show, then the next one gets recorded the next night, and it shows as watched, with the same amount of the last one as watched (about 1 hour).  The bummer is that if you DELETE ALL the watched shows, it still seems to remember the watched/resume status of the previously deleted TV show, so when you record that a week later, you get the same thing.

So the issue affects weekly shows (which are usually watched and deleted before the next one), and also daily shows (which may not always be watched daily so you get more than 1), and even worse, if you have 4 shows to watch that have never been watched before, then watch one of them, they all get the same played/resume status.

This explains how the issues got worse and worse for me - and now it is ONLY one off's like documentaries that work properly.