iOS app issue

b0dyr0ck2006

b0dyr0ck2006

Seems it threw up a completely new error today, when I went to playback a file the screen flashed back and forth from the video error to the play screen....

https://youtu.be/xmOhpjG8r_0

transcode-56cfa559-0cf4-4738-b22e-e601b655a902.txt

transcode-ac2bda75-5760-4c57-8389-a6bba1808878.txt

transcode-5b27f4e3-8677-48a3-8c33-66584b4afa53.txt

transcode-fdd535ad-76ce-40ff-95fe-db08ed6aff46.txt

Edited by b0dyr0ck2006

mediacowboy

Seems it threw up a completely new error today, when I went to playback a file the screen flashed back and forth from the video error to the play screen....

https://youtu.be/xmOhpjG8r_0

That is weird. I have not seen that in all the time I have been testing.

Hi

Sorry to say same issue for me.

Set to auto bitrate or 144 makes no difference.

Cas

and it works fine inside your home network?

I'll be setting up the external testing program this weekend so if you'd like to get access to test builds, please PM me your itunes email address. thanks.

An Update 

a quick test on a few different formats. 

All play over wifi, following results on Data (4g)

I have limited choice of file types but here goes.

Xvid (mpeg4) - Avi   = Video error

H264             - MP4 = Plays perfectly

H264             - MKV = Video Error

H264             - M4V = Plays perfectly

Weird!

b0dyr0ck2006
Just as an update to this issue; 

• I've done the standard delete and reinstall of the iOS app but that didn't make any difference. 
  • Removing the device from the server and reconnecting doesnt seem to change the outcome. 
  • I've tested it both on an iPhone 6S 128gb and iPad Air 2 32gb. Remotely on uk 4G (the equivalent to your LTE) and it just won't stream

regardless of settings but on wifi at home it's fine. 

• I tested it on a remote wifi today and it streamed as it should. Ive tested this on 'Auto' Stream rate as suggested and pretty much every setting down to 144p.
  • Deleting and reinstalling the server doesnt change the outcome.
  • I'm running iOS 9.1 on all my devices: iPhone 6S 128gb, iPad Air 2 128gb and iPad mini 4 16gb
  • Server Version: 3.0.5781.2
  • Windows 7 64bit Proffesional
  • I have a 42mbps download connection and 12mbps upload rate
  • Ive checked all virus/firewalls including those in the router and ensured that all ports are forwarded and visible by the usual ip checking sites

and by fine at home you mean same exact videos? can you try this for a test - in app settings, specify a custom bitrate instead of auto. then perform the test both ways, wifi and 4g. this way it will be the exact same video, exact same encoding parameters. curious to see the result. thanks.

b0dyr0ck2006

and by fine at home you mean same exact videos? can you try this for a test - in app settings, specify a custom bitrate instead of auto. then perform the test both ways, wifi and 4g. this way it will be the exact same video, exact same encoding parameters. curious to see the result. thanks.

I have been testing the same three files each time to ensure continuity. 

Ok. when you hit play we pass the url to the video player. I will need to look into if there's a reason the video player might reject external url's under certain conditions.

mediacowboy

Luke, to add to the weirdness I m able to stream one of the movies and one of the episodes just fine here in the USA. Using auto and changing it. On both my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air 2 from @@b0dyr0ck2006 server.

Edited by mediacowboy

b0dyr0ck2006

Luke, to add to the weirdness I m able to stream one of the movies and one of the episodes just fine here in the USA. Using auto and changing it. On both my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air 2.

As did CAS, plus my friend on his samsung/Android phone can stream fine from my server too.

i think it's something on the device and not server related. Probably something we need to adjust something for.

b0dyr0ck2006

The server is generally working fine (if not using a fair bit of ram but that's another thread), the fact that others seem to be pulling my files ok points to something wrong with my devices. But being Apple they are locked down unless I use a third party program to access the system files. As I said to mediacowboy, does the app create its own error logs that I could find and post?

• 3 weeks later...
mini__me

I'm also still having this issue with being unable to play some files over 3G/4G but all working fine on WiFi.

Server Version 3.0.5781.5

App Version 1.03

http://pastebin.com/QuTunBtQ

Edit: Looks like the files that are ok can be direct streamed: Gotham 2x11 in this case, and transcoded files fail Mad Max : Fury Road in this case. For reference I tried to play back Mad Max twice in this instance in case you see double.

Edited by mini__me

• 1 month later...
b0dyr0ck2006

Well this issue is still at large. On remote (3G/4G) playback I can't stream any files regardless of container. I'm running iOS beta 1.0.7(3)

Well this issue is still at large. On remote (3G/4G) playback I can't stream any files regardless of container. I'm running iOS beta 1.0.7(3)

This is over plain http?

b0dyr0ck2006

Yes it is running on port 8096 plain http. All other users can connect to my server remotely fine. Be it via mobile device, web or one of the various apps. None of my mobile devices will playback at all. I have even tried the standard delete and reinstall of everything app and server. I've tried creating a new user and login in with that. The web access doesn't work for me but for any other users trying to connect it's fine. The only time I can get anything to playback is when I'm connected to wifi, be it at home or remotely