Errors when trying to build MediaBrowser solution

kim_lombard

kim_lombard

Trying my hand at doing a Emby build using Emby-master.

Visual Studio 2015.  Just did a download from GetHub, so I know it's current.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Tool

Error The "Fody.WeavingTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Projects\Emby-master\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\dotnet\..\packages\Fody.1.29.3\Fody.dll. 

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Projects\Emby-master\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\packages\Fody.1.29.3\Fody.dll' or one of its dependencies. 

The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, 

and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. MediaBrowser.Model

Then, this if I unload the above project to get a clean compile

Severity Code Description Project File Line Tool

Error An error occurred while signing: SignTool.exe not found. MediaBrowser.ServerApplication

Any help greatly appreciated.

kim_lombard

Fody.1.29.3 is the latest from nuget.  I updated all projects that use it.  For some reason, mediabrowser.model is being difficult.

I tried removing fody from mediabrowser.model, just in case it didn't really need it.  Same error

Media.brower theater compiles / runs / plays video / plays live tv.  (Emby.Theater-master)

Sure would like to get the server working...

Any hints, gratefully accepted

(windows 10 Enterprise, Visual Studio 2015)

I just installed the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 10 to fix the SignTool.exe not found error, but no help.

Edited by kim_lombard

Cheesegeezer

Update your mediabrowser.Common nuget I think which contains the model assembly too.

kim_lombard

Found this is the offending MediaBrowser.Model.csproj

<Import Project="..\packages\Fody.1.29.2\build\dotnet\Fody.targets" Condition="Exists('..\packages\Fody.1.29.2\build\dotnet\Fody.targets')" />
  <Target Name="EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports" BeforeTargets="PrepareForBuild">
    <PropertyGroup>
      <ErrorText>This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is {0}.</ErrorText>
    </PropertyGroup>
    <Error Condition="!Exists('..\packages\Fody.1.29.2\build\dotnet\Fody.targets')" Text="$([system.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', '..\packages\Fody.1.29.2\build\dotnet\Fody.targets'))" />
    <Error Condition="!Exists('..\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\dotnet\Fody.targets')" Text="$([system.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', '..\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\dotnet\Fody.targets'))" />
  </Target>

THE ABOVE LINES WERE IN ERROR IN THE MediaBrowser.Model.csproj
 REPLACE WITH THIS
 <Import Project="..\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\dotnet\Fody.targets" Condition="Exists('..\packages\Fody.1.29.3\build\dotnet\Fody.targets')" />
Edited by kim_lombard

• 4 weeks later...
danergo

Hello, I have a similar problem:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Fody: An unhandled exception occurred:
Exception:
Unknown custom metadata item kind: 7
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.PdbFunction.ReadCustomMetadata(BitAccess bits) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Microsoft.Cci.Pdb\PdbFunction.cs:line 359
   at Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.PdbFunction..ctor(ManProcSym proc, BitAccess bits) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Microsoft.Cci.Pdb\PdbFunction.cs:line 270
   at Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.PdbFunction.LoadManagedFunctions(BitAccess bits, UInt32 limit, Boolean readStrings) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Microsoft.Cci.Pdb\PdbFunction.cs:line 136
   at Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.PdbFile.LoadFuncsFromDbiModule(BitAccess bits, DbiModuleInfo info, IntHashTable names, ArrayList funcList, Boolean readStrings, MsfDirectory dir, Dictionary`2 nameIndex, PdbReader reader) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Microsoft.Cci.Pdb\PdbFile.cs:line 273
   at Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.PdbFile.LoadFunctions(Stream read, Dictionary`2& tokenToSourceMapping, String& sourceServerData, Int32& age, Guid& guid) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Microsoft.Cci.Pdb\PdbFile.cs:line 382
   at Mono.Cecil.Pdb.PdbReader.PopulateFunctions() in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Mono.Cecil.Pdb\PdbReader.cs:line 94
   at Mono.Cecil.Pdb.PdbReader.ProcessDebugHeader(ImageDebugDirectory directory, Byte[] header) in c:\Code\cecil\symbols\pdb\Mono.Cecil.Pdb\PdbReader.cs:line 75
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ProcessDebugHeader() in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 786
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadSymbols(ISymbolReader reader) in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 859
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleReader.ReadSymbols(ModuleDefinition module, ReaderParameters parameters) in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\AssemblyReader.cs:line 108
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleReader.CreateModuleFrom(Image image, ReaderParameters parameters) in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\AssemblyReader.cs:line 83
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(Stream stream, ReaderParameters parameters) in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 890
   at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters) in c:\Code\cecil\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 874
   at InnerWeaver.ReadModule() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7495521761d392b9\FodyIsolated\ModuleReader.cs:line 23
   at InnerWeaver.Execute() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7495521761d392b9\FodyIsolated\InnerWeaver.cs:line 28
Source:
Mono.Cecil.Pdb
TargetSite:
Void ReadCustomMetadata(Microsoft.Cci.Pdb.BitAccess) MediaBrowser.Model 

I just downloaded the source from git, and put inside VS 2015. I'm trying to compile for Mono with "Release Mono" configuration, however "Debug" failed also with the same error.

t.andre

Hi,

I have successful compile with VS 2015 doing these steps.

Open MediaBrowser.Model.csproj from the folder MediaBrowser.Model and MediaBrowser.Model.Portable.csproj from the folder MediaBrowser.Model.Portable with a text editor and removed this line:

<FodyPath>..\packages\Fody.1.19.1.0</FodyPath>

Then update PropertyChanged.Fody from NuGet package for the two projects.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any chance t.andre's fix will be committed to the github tree? I've been using it for my own builds of the beta branch with no ill effects (this is the result when I followed the steps above).