Media browser intros functionality in cinema mode

djlf

How bout allowing to choose which devices will use cinema mode rather than just what media types

I think it would be better to have an option in the app that would disable cinema mode even if it is enabled at the server level.  It seems this would be the most obvious place for a user to find and manipulate that option instead of trying to manage it at the server level.

• Like 1

Redshirt

I think it would be better to have an option in the app that would disable cinema mode even if it is enabled at the server level.  It seems this would be the most obvious place for a user to find and manipulate that option instead of trying to manage it at the server level.

That's the route I took with my own private app. I felt per-user on the server wasn't fine grain enough.

Vidman

The reason I don't use it currently is that the clients don't have that option to disable so every device plays intros if it is enabled on the server, where I would only want it to apply to my theatre

• Like 1

I think Ebr's suggestion is best, changing the user preference setting to be per app/device instead of per user. then this way each app can adjust it's default setting based on what most people would probably want.

• Like 1

That's a fantastic idea! I would like to use intros for theatre but not necessarily for my other devices. This is going in a great direction if fulfilled

• Like 1

Please don't all jump on this user, but when these kinds of things happen (and they happen a lot):

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9754-docker/?p=268614

Then eventually it makes us ask ourselves, how can we make those questions stop. So at least now you understand why we sometimes have to do these kinds of things.

Vidman

I think Ebr's suggestion is best, changing the user preference setting to be per app/device instead of per user. then this way each app can adjust it's default setting based on what most people would probably want.

I was suggesting the same

• Like 1

I was suggesting the same

I understood your suggestion to be an admin feature at the server level.  I think that is overly complex and not where the person will want to change it.

I was suggesting an option in the actual app.

• Like 1

ok, but you mean every app right?

Yeah, it would have to be in all of them but they all have to specifically implement cinema mode now anyway.

Spaceboy

Please don't all jump on this user, but when these kinds of things happen (and they happen a lot):

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9754-docker/?p=268614

Then eventually it makes us ask ourselves, how can we make those questions stop. So at least now you understand why we sometimes have to do these kinds of things.

You could do something like Kodi and have advanced setup options revealed when the advanced button is clicked. Perhaps with an appropriate warning. You are never going to stop those sorts of questions, most us have made similar mistakes once at least

so what kind of time frame are we looking at to get these features implemented? An advanced setup option sounds like a good idea too. That way both type of users (basic and advanced) can be catered for. I hope this all can be worked out cause it'll make the new theatre the perfect client for the home cinema experience.

Deathsquirrel

You could do something like Kodi and have advanced setup options revealed when the advanced button is clicked. Perhaps with an appropriate warning. You are never going to stop those sorts of questions, most us have made similar mistakes once at least

The less advanced the user the more likely they are to click the advanced button in a misplaced sense of faith in their own competence.

• Like 1

Xzener

Off topic, while we wait for Cinema Mode to evolve... Who here has a great setup perfect for Intros and trailers??

564d2b935e23d_IMAG00271.jpg

Xzener

Thanks Ebr! The sound is incredible, the game/movie immersion is unbelievable. I designed the soffit to absorb as well. Its entirely cloth wrapped with GOM material and packed with sound deadening insulation. The 7.1 system is completely behind the screen and soffit... The only speaker visible is the sub. Behind the AT screen, both corners have bass traps. You have to hear it to believe it.

Dont have the space for an American sized theatre so here is a more European style. Planning to upgrade to Atmos and Dts X. Excuse quality of pics as my iphone camera is damaged. My kids love having their birhdays in here with their friends - movie, popcorn, drinks what more could they ask for!!!  Not as fancy as ye americans but proud of it anyway

564f37ee94447_IMG_2014.jpg564f37a21e41b_IMG_2012.jpg

Xzener

Bah... How big is your space djlf?? Mine is only 10X13'. My last build was 10X12'. It's amazing what can be done in small places.

Spaceboy

The less advanced the user the more likely they are to click the advanced button in a misplaced sense of faith in their own competence.

I'm not sure I can agree with that, on a number of Kodi skins I haven't even noticed the advanced button until I started looking for it when I noticed some of the options were missing

Bah... How big is your space djlf?? Mine is only 10X13'. My last build was 10X12'. It's amazing what can be done in small places.

5X5 metres - Screen is 100". Does the job though. Functions as games and music room too. Would love to build new house but my wife wont leave where we are as this is where her family are from!! Have star ceiling made with glow-patch xvr which is quite cool in  darkened room. Everthing done on a small budget. Hope cinema mode gets the upgrade required to give Theatre the proper cinema experience.

I'm not sure I can agree with that, on a number of Kodi skins I haven't even noticed the advanced button until I started looking for it when I noticed some of the options were missing

The fact that you are using Kodi makes you not a "less advanced user" :).