Change serverpath or directplay

wollabille

wollabille

Hi all.

I have just installed Kodi/Emby on 3 devices, and I have set this up the following way.

Gamer pc : Where I have installed the Emby server, organized my 550ish movies and 40 series.

NUC livingroom : I installed this with only Emby addon on Kodi.

NUC bedroom : I installed this with only Emby addon on Kodi.

The 2 NUC's are my main players, my idea was to have the PC to be my source where I manage my movies, covers, sort etc etc..

So my problem is the following, I just found out today (i'm fairly new at this, so bear over with me) that when trying to play from my living room it didn't play, the way is obvious, that the server in the gamer pc isn't running.

First question: Can I somehow change it so that the Living room NUC is the main server ? Since I have already tried to install a server there, but all my changes of names, covers etc, are being set as its the first time I'm running it! 
So basically what I have already built up will point to the Living room NUC?

Second question: Which could be more handy, can you direct stream it from its source (my NAS) but will still be synced with the other devices without the need of having the PC turned on all the time?

I hope my questions are clarified enough. But please ask if you need some other info.

im85288

You should be able to set up the NUC as the server but most likely as you said that will be a clean install, ideally pick the most powerful pc you have (to allow serving multiple clients) that will stay on 24/7...as its your server.

Depending on what NAS you have there are packages available for example the Synology one: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/153-synology/

Bear in mind NAS's are not normally very powerful so if you want transcoding to be smooth (eg to iOS/android clients) or using Emby out of your house this may not be the best suited device.