Connection error with 1.1.60

Tolotos

Angelblue05

Is this accessing your server via internal or external access? If you check your log line 163: Is this address valid?

Angelblue05

@@joggs

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

No offence guys, this is really towards all users, but I'm not a mind reader. I do not have the time to play guessing games. Please post your logs. Think of the log as a black box, the only way to know why the crash/malfunction happened.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Here comes the log.

In kodi, with version .60, some of the tv series are now empty and you can read season:S0 instead of 11 episodes in kodi, and if you enter the folder, its empty.

For agents of shield for example, on the emby server, looking on the web, i have 16 unwatched episodes. 9 in season 2 and 7 in season 3, but in kodi you only see the episodes in season 3.

I cannot really see a pattern as some series seem to have the correct number of episodes and some are empty.

I have tried the kodi plugin on kodi for raspberry pi, android and windows. Same result after update to .60

probably something wrong when populating the local kodi db as everything looks good on the server side.

Log:

Viewed
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@joggs

Please do not post the log directly in the post. See here for alternatives, next time: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Also you didn't enable our add-on debug, so no information was logged...

As vidman mentioned, verify your missing season/episodes are properly identified with season and episode numbers in the metadata manager. Unfortunately, working with Kodi means we need to be really precise about the information we put in database, so if this information is missing, episodes will be skipped.

The  name-field in the meta manager is the problem!

If we take agents of shield as an example where i have seasons 1 to 3:

The name field in the metadata manager for season three is "season 3" and the season field contains '3' *working in kodi*

The name field for season 1 and 2 contains "Marvel's agents of shield". *not working in kodi*

The next post will be according to your recommendations. Thanks.

• Like 1

I think I have noticed another problem connected to the problem @@Tolotos described in the first post, which isn't exactly the same problem as the one i described.

I noticed that my raspberry pi 1 setup with openelec and the emby plugin version .60 started having connection problems in the same way tolotos mentioned.

The url/link to the movie/tv series i try to play in the log is correct, but the log shows that kodi cannot reach the file. I have cleared the local db and scanned it again and everything looks good until you try to play the video and you get the message "tv/movie does not exist, do you want to remove it from the library".

I have tried with both direct links and redirect.

Log attached

01_KODI.log

Edited by joggs

I found a solution.

I replaced my hard drive paths with unc paths on the server and removed the path substitutions according to your recommendations, and now everything works as it should.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I wonder why path subs didn't work? All it does is substitute the part of the path with the new one. That's odd.

If the share already exists, then you can point to it with path substitution rather than removing readding your library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Tolotos

I had to delete the devices on the Emby configuration page. 

The plugin doesn't ask for a user or password in a complete newly installed OpenElec installation. 

After deleting all devices in Emby (there is one for each logon - hundreds in the last month) the plugin asked for user and password and worked again.

Does anybody know why Emby creates this huge count of devices? 

I have only 3 Kodi installations running but for each start of Kodi a device is created.

-- Tolotos

Angelblue05

You have a fixed device id, as long as you don't uninstall the add-on, the device id is being reused for the same kodi device. Maybe they are old Kodi references?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk