New additions not showing instantly

matty87a
Go to solution Solved by matty87a,

matty87a

Currently using plexbmc in kodi and looking to move over to Emby, so far everything seems to be better apart from the fact that when a new show/movie is added to my server library it does not automatically go into my kodi library unless I perform a manual refresh in Emby add on.

With plexbmc it updates straight away which is what I need.

Is this normal behaviour? Or is there an auto update period or plugin that I'm missing?

Angelblue05

New additions should show up instantly. Can you please grab your Kodi log capturing the issue and post it. See here if you need help with that: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Nothing is on timer, everything is based off server events and queued for processing. Note if there's a lot of updating going on, then it will process the first update received and so on. 

Edited by Angelblue05

matty87a

wasnt sure how to capture the specific issue as its more of a lack of something happening, but this is the log from approx half hour of use including an intial scan of library, after which more items have been added to the server but not picked up.

if you need me to try something more specific for logging just let me know

http://goo.gl/IgqNHt

matty87a

looks like its not kodi - its the web ui.

files are being processed on changes being made.

seen somebody mention in another post that 'Real Time Monitoring' should be an option somewhere.

however I can't seem to find this. i know this is the kodi section but any idea?

im85288

If real time monitoring is not working you can add a schedule for the scanning of your media library.

Angelblue05

Real time monitoring is not available for all server platform. It is available for windows (others I'm not sure). Which server platform are you using? Linux?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

badaas

Also i thought a limitation say if you have a nas storage system, is that windows cant monitor networked drives for changes. I know plex has this limitation too. Can only monitor local drives.

I maybe wrong but that certainly was the case with pl#x when i used it this way. I had to enable a scheduled check.

Edited by badaas

• Solution
matty87a

It's a remote Ubuntu server so I've been unable to use RTM. I tried setting Sonarr and Couch Potato to force a scan on new downloads but that doesn't seem to have taken either.

Ended up using the incremental scan plugin and setting the library refresh to 15mins. But of a fudge but it does the trick.

Thanks for the suggestions

• Like 1

matty87a

Ok so I thought this had fixed it - but it hasn't. The incremental update shows periodically but the new additions aren't actually showing in the kodi library. What's the best way to get a meaningful log for this?