Loading GIF Files?

compile10

compile10

I'm new to Emby and I really love it so far! My only issue has been loading GIF files. When ever I try to access any of my GIF files in any of the Emby apps or the web app, they simply won't load.

http://i.imgur.com/F34Wi5e.png

I don't know if GIF is supported or not, but I would assume it is seeing as I haven't seen anything to the contrary, and plex supports it.

Thanks for the help!

Log: http://paste2.org/pIXzf8Zj

Version: 3.0.5781.0

Hi, welcome. Are you sure they're gifs? We do support gif. But i see some failures to read png files in the log..

2015-11-11 04:15:27.6038 Error reading image tag for /media/Images/Art/Junko/Junko_37.png
	*** Error Report ***
	PNG Header was expected
	TagLib.CorruptFileException

compile10

Yes, they are all correct as far images as far as I can tell. I don't know what's going on with that PNG inparticular, but I can view it just fine on my PC through SMB and plex. I can also see the GIFs fine with my pc and plex (though plex doesn't support animation, just the first frame),  I did see some GIF related errors on the log too, but I don't know how to read them. :P

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5781.0
	Command line: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
	Operating system: Unix 9.3.28.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Thu Sep  3 05:23:50 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /usr/pbi/emby-amd64/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Expected SOI marker at the start of the file.
	TagLib.CorruptFileException
	  at TagLib.Jpeg.File.ValidateHeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at TagLib.Jpeg.File.Read (ReadStyle propertiesStyle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at TagLib.Jpeg.File..ctor (IFileAbstraction abstraction, ReadStyle propertiesStyle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
	  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

2015-11-11 04:15:45.0104 Error - App: Image Provider - Error reading image tag for /media/Images/MEMES/Reaction Images/Anime Girls/tumblr_mrh2dhTipD1r1odpno1_500.gif

I thought maybe I need to convert or edit the "image tag" in some way to make them compatible with Emby? Any thoughts?

For some reason the library we are using to read the headers doesn't seem to like them. i dont' know why, but i will make sure we can recover from that and at least make the viewable.