Widgets from playlists made with video nodes.

grumpygamer

grumpygamer

Hello everyone,

Im just trying the great plugin for kodi.

The real-time updates is just too good to be true and I think I will soon by a supporter.

Everything seems to work perfectly BUT the widgets on the homescreen.

When I create a playlist from a video node (via the tag option) and apply a "recently added" widget to it, it will get the parent's node widget.

Here's an example:

I create multiple TV-Shows video nodes:

- Ended TV Shows (Mork & Mindy, The Jeffersons, Friends, etc..)

- Continuing TV Shows (Continuum, The good wife, etc...)

- Cartoons (Thundercats, M.A.S.K., etc...)

- Documentaries (well you got the gist now)

and then create the relative playlists for each one.

Then I add those playlists to the homescreen and apply the "recently added" widget, but that then displays the latest TV-Shows in an absolute sense.

So on the widget of the recently added cartoons I get documentaries and Ended TV Shows and vice versa.

I tried this with video nodes before and IRC it behaves in the same way.

How am I to make these widgets work?

Thanks in advance

LongMan

Hi. Can you give a bit more detail and let me see if I can help. What skin are you using? How are you  applying the  node to the recently added widget?

Cheers,

Long Man

imadunatic

I'm not sure I'm following you, but I think it appears you're of the understanding that widgets act upon playlists: 

Then I add those playlists to the homescreen and apply the "recently added" widget, 

The widgets are simply visual sections on your homescreen that populate from playlists. What I mean by this is if I create a playlist in Kodi called "Kevin Recently Updated TV", I can then add a widget to the homescreen that displays this playlist.

The first thing I do is create a playlist for only the shows I want to see in anything, this is my tv show playlist for instance: 

564b41e9d8134_1.jpg

In order for it to only show my TV Shows and in a recently added order, my smart playlist would need to look like this (note the order at the bottom): 

564b3e2599e84_Capture.jpg

Then, in the FTV skin customization (which allows for 8 widgets per section) I simply add these playlists as widgets: 

564b404359b16_3.jpg

Which results in this at the home screen:

564b405855b23_2.jpg

LongMan is dead on though, we need more details of your setup in order to help.

EDIT: Showed base playlist I use to create other sub-playlists (in progress, recently added, etc.) Sorry if you know how to do all of this already. 

Edited by imadunatic

imadunatic

EDIT 2: I think I'm completely misunderstanding your post. Now that I've read it again, I think you're creating video nodes on the Emby Server (Ended TV, Continuing TV, etc...). You would like to populate a widget with the sub-sections of this node (recently added, in progress, etc...) only rather than populating the widget based upon your selection (recently added Ended Tv, recently added continuing TV, etc...) it's populating with only the parent section, not the child sub section you selected. 

Is that correct? 

grumpygamer

Yep, exactly that.

To be honest I made the playlists from the nodes because it didn't work directly from the video nodes.

I am using the Aeon MQ6 Skin at the moment.

Before using emby I would make smart playlists and add them to the home screen and the widgets you mention would work perfectly with them.

That doesn't happen anymore, so unsure on how to proceed.

imadunatic

I'm basically doing that with my library tv sections (Parent Tv, Kid Tv) and I do use those to build widgets and they are currently working with Kodi 15.2 on a Fire TV with the FTV skin. 

Can you access the section you're trying to create widgets for if you click through video-addons-emby? It sounds like script toolbox or skin shortcuts addon is broken. Are you running the skin version from the official kodi repo? Maybe a dependency is broken. 

Edited by imadunatic

im85288

Try one of the skins that use the new skin helper addon, they have a concept of smart shortcuts that integrate very well with Emby. Combined with the shortcuts script it makes it possible to set any of the Emby end points as widgets. Skins I know of that support this are Titan and Eunique (see signature) there may be more but I'm not aware of them due to the skin helper addon only having been in the Kodi repo for less than a month.

grumpygamer

I'm basically doing that with my library tv sections (Parent Tv, Kid Tv) and I do use those to build widgets and they are currently working with Kodi 15.2 on a Fire TV with the FTV skin. 

Can you access the section you're trying to create widgets for if you click through video-addons-emby? It sounds like script toolbox or skin shortcuts addon is broken. Are you running the skin version from the official kodi repo? Maybe a dependency is broken. 

Yep I can see the video nodes if I go to there. The Aeon MQ6 Skin doesn't seem to come from the official repo anymore, so I followed the guide to install it.

It does however install some scripts.

Unfortunately it's the only skin that has infopanel and wall views as I like them.

imadunatic

I see it was just released in the official repo.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246092  Maybe try reinstalling the skin from the repo. Any time I've had this problem is was because I didn't have the correct version of a helper or script add on. 

I installed the MQ6 skin on my server install, and I couldn't even figure out how to get the point that I could add one of the Emby sub menus as a widget, so it's well beyond me! LOL. 

Good luck.