Kodi - Library Grouping/Merging.

macmilm

Hi All,

Only recently started to use the Emby Kodi plugin, previously used DLNA setup ..

Is it correct that the Kodi plugin groups everything into 2 categories????

e.g.

On Emby server I have libraries setup such as Movies for Kids, Movies for older Kids, Movies for Adults, Comedy e.t.c

When it display in Kodi everything is simply grouped together. eg Movies, Series.

So you look at movies and you could be looking at anything from the above libraries . It merges everything basically

Is this just how the plugin currently is, as it is still under dev.

Thank for any tips or info

Also 1 tip for Admin. If you got to download Kodi plugin from your site it tells you to install Repository which installs a much older version of the plugin that is full of syncing bugs.

I had to get latest from github to fix syncing issues. Might wanna update the link unless reason behind it.

I think the issue is my Skin. Can anyone recommend a good skin for Emby use in Kodi. It display correctly in some areas then not in others.

Thanks you

LongMan

Try Artic Zehyr Expolded or Aeon Nox or Eminence. They all allow to customize the Home Screen. BTW which skin are you using?

LongMan

Titan off the top of my head... Tried a few.

If you go into the actual Emby addon it shows correct libraries but the Homepage icons (which must be fed the data from Emby) are lumped into TV or Movies and all merged together.

Will check out the skins you suggest. Thanks for your help

im85288

Also 1 tip for Admin. If you got to download Kodi plugin from your site it tells you to install Repository which installs a much older version of the plugin that is full of syncing bugs.

I had to get latest from github to fix syncing issues. Might wanna update the link unless reason behind it.

Thanks, the link on the site is to the stable repo. Instead of installing from GIT I would recommend using our beta repo: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/

Hi All,

Only recently started to use the Emby Kodi plugin, previously used DLNA setup ..

Is it correct that the Kodi plugin groups everything into 2 categories????

e.g.

On Emby server I have libraries setup such as Movies for Kids, Movies for older Kids, Movies for Adults, Comedy e.t.c

When it display in Kodi everything is simply grouped together. eg Movies, Series.

So you look at movies and you could be looking at anything from the above libraries . It merges everything basically

Is this just how the plugin currently is, as it is still under dev.

Thank for any tips or info

Yes this is how it will work by default, if you use some of the skins that are using the new skin helper (titan being one of them and Eunique) they allow selection of what is termed "smart shortcuts" this allows you to select any of your sections as menu items etc but has to be done manually. There are other ways (i.e. video nodes) but this way is the simplest method I am aware off. 

• Like 1

Still no Joy. Switched to Titan theme, edited homepage. changed i video link to select the Emby Smart Shortcut.. selected specific library of "Family TV" still shows everything the is TV all grouped together .. WTF lol

Image below looks correct to me ?!?!?!

563781cd5fc78_Clipboard01.jpg

im85288

Haha yeah I believe you :) Probably best to ask the specific question in the Titan skin thread. Marcel will be able to give you an indication of how things should be working with respect to smart shortcuts..personally I have only used them for specific sections (eg recently played tv shows)

• Like 1

You have 'View Styles' turned on for everything?  You need to...

Where do I turn that on ?? Can't find the setting. Thanks

Haha yeah I believe you :) Probably best to ask the specific question in the Titan skin thread. Marcel will be able to give you an indication of how things should be working with respect to smart shortcuts..personally I have only used them for specific sections (eg recently played tv shows)

Thanks, I tried others skins with this feature though with same result so don't think it is a skin issue.

All working now in the Titan skin. Thanks for all the help and tips guys.

In the end I manually deleted the Emby addon folder after uninstalling as it wasn't completely removing everything. Did same with skin, reinstalled all works well.

Thanks again.

Great community support. 

I assume all the buggering about I did screwed something up. Anyhoo, happy camper here.

• Like 3