Emby for Kodi (Beta)

Scot

Hi xnappo

Thanks for all the work you guys have put in....unfortunately I'm just getting a "URL error: Bad Request"....I've done as directed in your directions above....anything I should try?

I'm on OSX 10.10.2 running the latest Kodi...my Emby server is on the latest Emby DEV release: Version 3.0.5566.35664

Regards

Scot

All working, I removed the plugin manually from the kodi addon's directory and reinstalled....working now (sync'ing)....

-SM

im85288

Also make sure to delete the older MediaBrowser addon if using this addon. Just emphasising this for those who missed it in the above instructions :)

Edited by im85288

I did, but I needed to also delete the 006 Emby add on completely from the addon's directory...then reinstall....

Sync just finished...off to take a look..

Question: When I am not on my LAN and I want to stream programs with say PleXMBC I am able to use forced transcoding, will this work with your Emby plugin?

Thanks again...

-SM

im85288

Transcoding should work fine, but please test and let us know how it goes for you.

im85288

So the server will automatically determine if it should transcode or not?

I couldn't see a setting in Emby....

-SM

Marcelo

Xnappo,

This is great. Tested on two machines. In one everything went smoothly. The other that I'm trying to access using a ddns is giving me an error.

I'm attaching the log file.

I did everything as recommended.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

kodi.log

Edited by Marcelo

xnappo

Xnappo,

This is great. Tested on two machines. In one everything went smoothly. The other that I'm trying to access using a ddns is giving me an error.

I'm attaching the log file.

I did everything as recommended.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

On first install, we need to modify advancedsettings.xml.  It appears you already have one, but it is having trouble parsing/adding to it.

Can you:

1. Post your advancedsettings.xml

2. Rename it, then try again

Once install is complete, you can merge the renamed one and the one we will make.

xnappo

Marcelo

Xnappo,

You are right. I just deleted the advanced and all went good also.

Strange thing is that the advanced seems corrupted with no nfo inside it. Just null/null/null and I never created one since I don't need anything in that sense from kodi.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

• Like 1

This sound great. I have one question. I don't have any data in kodi (was only using the xbmbc plugin), should I add movies and shows to kodi first, then install the plugin ? Or have a clean kodi with nothing and then install the plugin ?

tehdartherer

How about running the initial sync on a powerful desktop and then importing the settings into Kodi in the Pi?

Is this possible?

xnappo

Someone mentioned that yes, you can copy the db over.

However if you have problems with doing that - don't ask us for support as it could cause near-impossible to debug issues.

Aka - it should work, but you are on your own :)

Edited by xnappo

Hi, installed fine on iMAC running 14.1 Kodi.  Sync ran fine, took about 30 minutes max. 

I am having a problem with TV Shows, that are on SMB drives under Win7.  Kodi prompts a dialogue saying that isn't in the library, do I want to remove.  Before i enable logging, for SMB shares, do I need to configure the Emby add-on with SMB credentials? 

Added SMB credentials and all good.

Thanks

Edited by Kent

Suggestion: Since username is case sensitive maybe provide a error message when you type in an invalid user ? I just got a "script error" from kodi.

Also maybe descripe the network username/password option, I guess this is SMB password for media files ?

I have a question, are updates on emby pushed to kodi, or is the sync running at given interval ?

Import done successful in 10 minutes on my fairly weak N2820 Nuc. But my database isn't very big since I just migrated to a new NAS and did some cleanup. I would say the time needed is comparable to normal scraping in Kodi on a fast internet.

Edited by KRA

dark_slayer

@@im85288

So the server will automatically determine if it should transcode or not?

I have this same question, just assumed it wasn't supported yet. How would the bitrate be set? Edited by dark_slayer

I just finished watching a episode and playcount sync is running in loop it seems.

Please mask username and password in logfile.

Edited by KRA

steini

Hi, installed fine on iMAC running 14.1 Kodi.  Sync ran fine, took about 30 minutes max. 

I am having a problem with TV Shows, that are on SMB drives under Win7.  Kodi prompts a dialogue saying that isn't in the library, do I want to remove.  Before i enable logging, for SMB shares, do I need to configure the Emby add-on with SMB credentials? 

Thanks

Is directplay not supported (yet?) Looking great by the way! 

xnappo

Is directplay not supported (yet?) Looking great by the way! 

You mean force playing from HTTP?  Not yet.

im85288

I have this same question, just assumed it wasn't supported yet. How would the bitrate be set?

Having double checked the code that's still on the todo list

steini

You mean force playing from HTTP?  Not yet.

Yeah that is what I meant. Want to use this for over the internet streaming. Will be watching github for changes :)

Thanks

Just wondering on the above, I too have OSX and have the same issue, however since I intend to use some of the installs from outside of my LAN will putting in SMB usernames/passwords allow transcoding to work off site?

Hoping SMB credentials aren't required to make Emby plugin work.

Thanks

-SM