Property of CIA background shown during Emby Connect

tphillip1120

tphillip1120

I had something very strange happen last night. I had an old laptop laying around and thought I would install Windows 10 on it

to check out it's features. This was installed from a Microsoft Windows 10 USB installation Drive. After the installation was

complete, I decided to go to the Windows Store and install the latest version of the Emby Client. After installation of the

Emby Client I then proceeded to login through Emby Connect and connect to my home server. Emby Connect then seemed

to freeze and and do nothing for several minutes and then the background changed to two alternating images. The 

background was a flag of the United States  with a title of United States Of America. The second image was the United

States CIA symbol and had the title "Property Of The CIA". This continued for about a minute and then the client just completely

froze up and I had to use task kill on the process. I then went back into Emby and it opened fine. To say the least this freaked

me out. I then decided to uninstall Emby from that laptop.

Again, this was a brand new install of Windows 10 using an official Microsoft USB Installation Key. I have read on the

web that Windows 10 spied on you but this makes me wonder if connecting to Emby Connect triggered some kind

of images people are not meant to see. I am at a total loss and plan on re-installing windows 10 and see if I can duplicate

this. If it happens again I will have my camera ready to snap photos.

I am wondering if anyone here has seen this before of heard anything on the web.

can you show a screenshot? i have never heard of it before. it probably was a backdrop from a movie of yours.

tphillip1120

I have been gone most of the weekend, but tonight I plan to wipe the laptop again, follow the same steps

that I used to set it up the first time and have my camera ready. I do not believe that these were backdrop

images from any movies. A DNS fluke or something else maybe because like I said above, Emby never really

loaded and I had to kill the Emby Server Process when this occurred. The more I read about Windows 10

the more I wonder if anyone should use it. I also had a strange thing happen on this same laptop

over the weekend. I took it to my girlfriends house, turned it on, went to look for her wireless password

and by the time I came back it had already connected to her wifi by itself with no user intervention. Now

I have read that Windows 10 will share wireless passwords (lookup Wifi Sense) with your friends from Facebook email etc..

but the Microsoft Account I used on the laptop is not used for email, website logins, Facebook or anything else.

My girlfriend is a privacy freak and when she saw the laptop connect automatically to her wireless

without requiring her wireless key it really freaked her out. Along with the web pages that were displayed when I attempted to connect

via Emby Connect, I wonder if there wasn't some kind of redirect occurring before it actually connected

to Emby Connect. I will do some port monitoring on the connection tonight before I do the wipe.

I will post again after the laptop has been wiped, Windows 10 re-installed

and I attempt to reconnect through Emby Connect. I also did a search for CIA and United States images

and found nothing on the web like what was displayed on the laptop screen. Looking more into some of the

security flaws of Windows 10 I also found that it also contains a keylogger that is turned on by default.

To badaas. This had nothing to do with Halloween.

I am also the System Administrator for a Medium Sized company and am pretty good at troubleshooting

and telling when something isn't quite right. The whole reason I was looking at Windows 10 to begin with is to check out

it's features and applications compatibility.

My sole purpose of reporting this was to let Luke and the rest of you know that there very well might be some truths

to some of the rumors that Windows 10 does spy on you. Lookup a program called "DoNotSpy10" and see

some of the Windows 10 Features (possible spying by Microsoft) that the program can turn off.

7illusions

I'd go through you medialibrary serverside. I bet there's a movie or show, recently added, that has thoose images as backdrops.

The app gets the backdrops from the server and then fades images for the latest media