Audio language issues since server update

DynamicRanger

DynamicRanger

Ever since updating to the latest Emby server version, MKVs do not default to the specified audio language track (English). There is no option in the web client to select language track in MKVs like there used to be (a button in the top-right corner next to the bitrate list).

I don't know what information is relevant here: I'm running Emby server Version 3.0.5768.7 on my home server and attempting to watch videos over the internet in Chrome browser. Video files in question are MKVs with multiple language tracks. The web client worked exactly as I expect before updating to latest version. When I was running an older version (3.0.56xx.x, don't remember precisely) MKVs would automatically play the English language track and in the web client there were controls to select audio and subtitle tracks.

In a perfect world, the server and web client would work as they did before; audio language successfully defaults to English, but I still have the option when playing a video to manually change the audio track or subtitles. Thanks in advance for any advice.

server-63581712143.zip

Check the bottom of the detail page for one of these items and ensure that the audio and sub tracks still appear in the media info and that their language is correct.

DynamicRanger

All I can see under Details is "Links" and "Studios". All I can see under Media Info is "Container mkv" and "Path E:\Video\Movies\[title].mkv"

DynamicRanger

I tried that on a few different items. Refreshing doesn't seem to have an effect. I have manually scanned the media library from the server dashboard. When I first installed the new server version, it conducted a database clean, which I haven't seen before.

DynamicRanger

It looks like it fixed itself, but thanks so much for your help. Any clues as to what was happening, or what I can expect the next time I update the server?

perhaps it did refresh correctly but the data visible in the browser didn't refresh? that's about all i can think of. to find out why it happened in the first place i would need to see logs from when you first updated. but if you're good now then we probably don't want to do anymore debugging :)