Big problems after upgrade

tman

I've just done the upgrade to server v3.0.5768.7, and something seems to have gone very wrong. The update applied ok, but on starting server the first time, it aborted with an error (didn't make a note of it). Left it for a minute, started it again, and all was ok. It then started it's 'clean database' task, which eventually finished ok, but from then on, it seems to have borked most of the images for all my movies. Some movies show nothing (just a placeholder), others show a thumb when it should be a poster. Editing details of the movies either shows no images whatsoever, others just a couple of backdrops. I re-ran a library scan, but no change.

I've spent at least 18 months carefully managing my library with most of my images specifically selected. I've 11 plugins loaded, but all from the official repository. Any ideas? I'd really hate to think my whole installation is shot to bits.

Server logfile attached.

server-63581572260.txt

Edited by tman

It's not, these appear to just be issues serving images to the apps, with some slow response times due to image processing. once the apps build up their image caches i think the problem will go away. you may also want to remove mbplus.

It's not, these appear to just be issues serving images to the apps, with some slow response times due to image processing. once the apps build up their image caches i think the problem will go away. you may also want to remove mbplus.

Thanks Luke. I've removed MBPlus (gutted to lose that - paid extra for it too) and re-started the server. No change to the images yet - still either missing, or showing thumbs. Will let it settle and try again. Don't have a good feeling here.

Yeah, sounds exactly like it. Thing is, that was a beta, this is the full stable release. I also decided a while ago to not keep static images in the movie folders like you, but now I might be regretting it. No change this morning. Most images still missing. Been manually refreshing a few, but it's going to take a while. Only 500 movies to go!

xnappo

Movies you should be able to mass refresh from the root of you collection in metadata manger. I lost all my TV images too, which do not recursively refresh - I am still working on it :( Obviously I would turn images in directories back on.

xnappo

Tried it many times last week, it worked only at the season level.  It is all okay now though, so don't know how to check.

Blueeyiz702

Is the white area part of the server upgrade? it changed my css,from showing all blue to the white areas showing instead of blue?563109817bc65_screenshot1921680204809620

well it didn't change your css, but rather, your css has never seen those new markup elements before :)

Luckily the full library refresh in Metadata Manager managed to pull back in all the images (all downloaded from the 'net though). Took 3-4 hours, but got there eventually, then just a bit of tidying up. No explanation why it happened yet, but I suspect the DB changes in the new release didn't help. Nice feature, but I'd rather not have to use it again.