Lost all images for almost all items

Ultroman

Ultroman

All the images were gone after I updated the server yesterday. Library scans didn't help.

Then I enabled all the "Automatically update from ***"-options in the Metadata => Advanced tab, and did a library scan. Most of my shows and movies now have some images, but about 40% are still missing all images except a single backdrop... Even an Identify => "Replace existing images" doesn't download new images. ALL of them had all their images two days ago, because I've painstakingly found images for them online manually. But now it seems that 3 times as many of the primary images are screwed up, than were screwed up when I started out manually adding them.

What's the deal? Where did all those images go? Are they now taking up space in the Metadata-folder and not linked to anything? Or does the server clear out the unused images from the folder? Before you ask, I have NOT ticked the "Save artwork and metadata into media folders", as I hate crowded folders.

This sort of thing really shouldn't happen. If I hadn't had a minor collection here, I would have cried.

Edited by Ultroman

First. thank you for being a part of beta testing this pre-release version of the server. I'll try to test and reproduce your scenario.

• Like 1

Ultroman

First. thank you for being a part of beta testing this pre-release version of the server. I'll try to test and reproduce your scenario.

Wow, that was fast :)

I've included more info in the first post. I'll get you a server log or two if it'll help.

xnappo

Lots of errors like this in the log:

2015-10-18 13:34:55.7451 Error - App: Error getting response from http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/54094?api_key=5c6b04c68e904cfed1e6cbc9a9e683d4
	*** Error Report ***

xnappo

I guess this is what I get for not putting images into folders.

If I go into an item, and refresh, I get all images back.  I have tried to do that from a collection root though, and it does not work.

How can I do a global force image download?

I tested an upgrade from the stable server with local metadata saving disabled, to the current beta server. I did not see any problems or any images being lost. I am sorry, I think this might have just been an issue with the initial beta run and it shouldn't happen going forward. You'll have to do some refreshing to restore. The only possible thing I can think of is some problem with offline detection, where it thought the offline content was deleted so it went and cleaned up the images. so if you sometimes take your storage device offline with emby server running then let me know and we can look closer into that. 

xnappo

Weird.  My Emby server runs on the same machine that serves the data with multiple drives - so I don't think it was the offline thing.

I (painfully) did manually refreshes (though tested multi-select in the mean time) to fix it all.

Doing a refresh from the collection level using metadata manager does not seem to actually work.  With all my collections I get a spinning circle, but it doesn't work.  Had to use the multi-select on every page and refresh that way...