Emby cinema mode

foghat

The option is available in 1.1.53. Let me know how it's working out for you. Thanks.

I've noticed the prompt shows up when watching TV shows as well.  I have Cinema mode set (on server) to only show trailers for movies.  Are you able to tie into that logic and only display the prompt when trying to play media types enabled in Cinema mode setting on server?

• Like 1

@ Angelblue05: I see where I can access Cinema Experience. However how do I access Cinema Mode? Has this changed?Thanks.

LStnMCD.png

Edited by lja

@ Angelblue05: I see where I can access Cinema Experience. However how do I access Cinema Mode? Has this changed?Thanks.

Cinema experience is a kodi plug-in.  Cinema mode is set up on Emby server.  After you configure as desired on the server, you can also turn on and off per a user profile.  This is all outside of kodi.

After you set it up as desired on the server, it should just work in kodi.  Now to make use of the latest 'play trailers?' prompt that was added, you need to go to the Emby add-on and configure it there.  I believe it is under playback.

Angelblue05

I split the thread so we don't take over Marcelveldt's titan skin thread.

@@foghat

The option to ask for trailers is adjusted for next beta release. It will only ask if there's actually trailers to be played.

@@lja

I will try to clarify the situation as best I can. First you need to make sure emby cinema mode is enabled in the emby dashboard > playback > cinema mode. Then it should automatically playback your trailers when you playback your content (if you have movies enabled for cinema mode, when you play movies in Kodi, it will automatically play trailers for you as it would any other apps)

"Configure user preference" menu will most likely be removed from the add-on, but at the moment it will display the option to enable/disable cinema mode for your Emby user. This is the same option you would find in the emby webclient > user icon > settings > playback settings. If you disable this option, no emby app will play trailers.

As long as you have the option to play cinema mode on your server enabled, the add-on will play trailers out of the box, without you having to fiddle with any settings. :) Note we can't play trailers if you are set to use direct paths (add-on settings > sync option > Use local paths instead of plugin redirect).

@ foghat

@@Angelblue05

Thanks.

Based on your comments, I rechecked all my settings and they appear correct. However, clicking on a movie, the movie plays directly. Neither trailer nor intro play. They both play before the movie in Emby Server. Any suggestions?

Edited by lja

Are you using direct paths (add-on settings > sync option > local path instead of plugin redirect enabled)? If you are not, please post a log: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

The setting is enabled. I also tried it not enabled. The log is with it enabled.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19298307/kodi.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19298307/kemby.JPG

Edited by lja

Angelblue05

Ok if the setting is enabled, then that explains why. If you quickly disabled it, it will not work because we need to use plugin paths to be able to control what happens at playback. With direct paths, Kodi simply loads the content, so there's no way to add emby trailers to the playlist.

For the setting to take effect, you will need to disable local paths, then reset your kodi database and let your content resync to Kodi (they will be imported using plugin paths rather than direct paths). Then with plugin paths in place, we can add the cinema mode at playback time. However some Kodi add-on depend on seeing the real path to your content so you need to make a decision :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Ok if the setting is enabled, then that explains why. If you quickly disabled it, it will not work because we need to use plugin paths to be able to control what happens at playback. With direct paths, Kodi simply loads the content, so there's no way to add emby trailers to the playlist.

For the setting to take effect, you will need to disable local paths, then reset your kodi database and let your content resync to Kodi (they will be imported using plugin paths rather than direct paths). Then with plugin paths in place, we can add the cinema mode at playback time. However some Kodi add-on depend on seeing the real path to your content so you need to make a decision :)

Thanks. In resyncing a box indicates Direct Path-Yes or No. Is No correct?

Followed this. However, an "Emby streaming" window comes up followed by "Playback Failed" message. Would a log similar to the previous one assist in resolving the error? Looks like something is messed up.

I hope this is the correct log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19298307/kodi2.log

Edited by lja

Angelblue05

Ok, was your server online at the time? Looks like the add-on kept failing at retrieving information from your server the entire time. I've never seen anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, was your server online at the time? Looks like the add-on kept failing at retrieving information from your server the entire time. I've never seen anything like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Angelblue05

Yes the server was on. The process seems to either freeze or lock the server. I did notice once a quick flash warning which indicated (I think as it was pretty quick) Emby would lock. I have had to restart the server a few times as I could not access Emby when the process completed.

Restarted server. Shutdown computer. Went to get some rest.. Following morning (today) No changes made.Turned on computer to play movie. Trailer and intro played before movie so far.

Edited by lja