Marking as unread in Kodi

JayGeorge

JayGeorge

Morning all,

Just a quick query, is there a way to force a reverse sync from Kodi to Emby?

When I first set it up I marked a lot of films as watched 1000+ but not all of these have synced through as watched on the Emby server.  It is ok with new stuff, if I watch something new it will show as watched on Emby.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay

JayGeorge

Morning

It was a fresh Kodi install, so a fresh database.  All my content is coming from the Kodi add-on sync.  So when i originally marked content as watched some filtered through and some didnt.  But anything new does filter through....

JayGeorge

My system hasnt been in debug mode, so when i originally marked as watched this may have been missed.  Will a log still help?

Thanks,

Jay

Angelblue05

Are you able to repeat the issue? Or it happened once and it's been fine since?

Edit: Enable the add-on debug - set to Info, not Kodi debug.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@JayGeorge

I link the how to report a problem because it contains simple steps to how to properly set your log for us: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Please read it and post a proper log, with no Kodi debug enabled and the add-on debug set to Info enabled. Thank you, otherwise your log doesn't contain any pertinent information. :)

Angelblue05

No problem. :)

Still no go. You have the kodi debug enabled. Disable it, we don't need it at all and just makes it hard for us to see the relevant info. Did you mark anything as watched during that time, nothing shows in your log? It just shows you starting Kodi, then exiting Kodi.

What is important is for you to repeat the steps that you did to recreate the error. If mark as watched/unwatched is failing for you, that's what you need to capture in your log. Otherwise, you can always wait until the problem repeat itself and post that log as soon as you see it happen. Just make sure Kodi debug is disabled. :)

JayGeorge

The problem is if I mark something as watched it will work, its only items that I marked as watched when I first set up the sync, so that log will be long gone.

Angelblue05

Ah ok. The content you tried to mark as watched when you first sync works correctly now? It only does your issue when you first sync your content? Sorry I'm just trying to understand what the actual problem is. I've never had issues with the watch status at all. When I mark as watched in Kodi, it instantly marks as watched in Emby and vice versa.

JayGeorge

ha think that is probably my fault, i'll try and explain myself a bit better.

New content that i mark as watched in Kodi syncs fine and shows as watched on Emby.

When i ran first sync on Kodi, i was marking as watched so for instance I have Happy feet and Happy Feet two, both in Kodi are marked as watched, but in Emby Happy Feet shows as watched but Happy Feet two is unwatched.  So its only from the initial sync.

so what i was hoping is that there may be a way to force a sync from kodi to emby?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah! I understand now. No there's no way to force all of your playstates to sync from Kodi to Emby. Only from Emby to Kodi. You can either try marking as watched again in Kodi or you can go in the emby webclient and mark everything as watched. To be honest, this is the first I'm hearing of such an issue. Normally, it should do everything instantly without missing a beat.

If you do see this happen again, please post your log so we can try to fix this issue so it doesn't happen again. Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. :(

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

JayGeorge

No problem, i appreciate the help. I'd rather know that there is no solution than spend my time looking for a solution when there isnt one :)