Music library: Using local folder not (always) working

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

I am using the Emby for Kodi addon, version 1.1.39, and I have the option to use the local path for playback enabled. After an initial scan, Kodi picks up the path of the audio files the way they are really stored on my system, without the address of the Emby server. But when i then add audio files to Emby's database, they get added to Kodi library, but the path substitution no longer works. Any ideas?

Angelblue05

@@petwri

Sorry I'm not sure I fully understand. Could you give me an example of what you are seeing? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

Pretty sure he is saying that the path for music added after first time sync is the plugin path instead of the direct path.

Angelblue05

But how is that possible? We don't even use plugin paths for music because the music library doesn't work with it. If you look at the code, it's only direct paths to music, either local (smb) or direct stream (http). No plugin paths.

That's why I'm asking for clarification :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Guest petwri

@@Angelblue05 Let's say the music is stored like /media/Music/Artist/Album/Track.flac on the system, then I scan the folder /media/Music/ to Emby, it picks it up just fine, and after that I set up Kodi with the Emby add-on. After the initial scan, when I use the $INFO[ListItem.Path] from Kodi (see http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels) Kodi shows /media/Music/Artist/Album/, which is what I expected. I have the two options <setting id="directstreammusic" value="true" /> and <setting id="useDirectPaths" value="true" /> enabled.

When then, after an initial setup, I add new music to the folder /media/Music, it still gets scanned to Emby and the changes are pushed to Kodis library, but $INFO[ListItem.Path] shows the address of the Emby server, something like 192.168.178.20:8096/whatever, with some path which is obviously an Emby intern link to the actual file.

Guest petwri

Okay, I just recognized that by now the addon replaced all the former "local" paths by the path on the server, making it impossible to see the actual filename within kodi. Hmm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petwri

Ok, I would really need some help here, I am totally lost. I have the setup described above, and when I start a playback, Emby transcodes every FLAC file to MP3 when played in Kodi, and the Emby server says I am direct streaming, which is not what I want, I wanted direct play without transcoding. Also, the addon does not properly forward any file path to Kodi. Ideas? @@Angelblue05 maybe? Can't be that I am the only one with this scenario.

Angelblue05

In the add-on settings > sync option > Disable music - direct stream. Reset your local database and let your library resync. It should then be direct playing.