Auto Log Out/Off

cottora

Hi, I apologize if this is answered elsewhere but did not see the topic when searched...

I cast to Chromecast and use Android Tablet (and will also IOS when available)

I have two user accounts (Parents, Kids)

The problem is if I login under Parents it holds the account open so if a kid grabs the device the parent account is active.  Is there a way to auto logout?  

Alternatively, is there a work around?  I thought about putting together a task that would restart the server at say 5:00AM thinking that may log everyone out.  But that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

This needs to be implemented at the app level.

I have put it in both EMC and the ATV app because those are primarily used on TVs which would likely be a shared device.  The Mobile devices are treated more like personal ones though so those apps don't have this option.

Maybe not a bad idea for them too though...

Vidman

Thank you. I assume ATV is Apple TV, what is EMC?

I am not against changing devices. Thanks again

ATV in this case is Android TV and EMC is the windows media center client/plugin ... These are the 2 client which ebr is the main developer of

Thank you!

Is there a workaround I can do on the server side to flush credentials at a certain time?  Or is the issue that the app on the device holds the credentials?

if you manually disable a user that will abort their existing sessions. there is no way to put that on a schedule though.

Vidman

Thank you!

Is there a workaround I can do on the server side to flush credentials at a certain time? Or is the issue that the app on the device holds the credentials?

as ebr already mentioned this should be done client side