LATEST menu SamsungTV

wab

Hi,

Perhaps I’m just missing the option or its not there, Is there a way to set when I go on my Smart SamsungTV Source > Emby > Series > Latest that it can show the series artwork. Currently its displaying a pic from the actual video and displaying the episode name thus its hard to distinguish what series it is from. If I could change from a pic from the video to the series poster it would make things great.

PS loving EMBY

Hi, Its the server running on my media center streaming via DLNA to the tv directly so no app is loaded on the tv it self, it picks up the server by itself - sorry for late reply

P.S i could not find a EMBY app on the samsung app store

Edited by wab

Attached is how its currently looking, and you will see there is no indication of what series it is, and its only when checking the "Latest" it will show the ep name but no season name just a pic from the file/videopost-79214-0-08279100-1445838876_thumb.jpg

Im using universal media center master for now untill this is sorted everything is running from my server so want to keep apps on my tv itself limited but i did search for the EMBY app on the samung store but could not find any, if there is one perhaps its not in my country (south africa)

Edited by wab

CBers

@@wab - it's not, and won't be, available in the Samsung Store as Samsung aren't accepting any non-Tizen apps any longer.

See the Stable Release thread here, or try the Beta version here.

@@wab - it's not, and won't be, available in the Samsung Store as Samsung aren't accepting any non-Tizen apps any longer.

See the Stable Release thread here, or try the Beta version here.

Hi CBers,

My issue was not with the app, and i would prefer not to use the app. Please check my post. I use DLNA and when accessing the "Latest" section as on the screen shot i attached it doesnt display from where or what series the file is. On the screen shot you can see that its south park, and see the epp name. but there is nothing stating South Park or any indication what it is. So having 20 new eps on the latest list, you have no clue what is actually there. 

CBers

I know your issue isn't with the app, but as @@SilentAssassin suggested, why not give the app a try, as it might work better for you.

There's just been a big round of bug fixes and enhancements to it, so it's better than ever.

On the Home View in the app, I have TV Next Up displayed, so I see all episodes of various TV shows displayed, but all images have the TV show name, plus episode info.

With regards to DLNA, I don't use it, so can't offer any help.

• Like 1

Thanks CBers,

I only have a network cable plugged into the tv directly its not connected to any pc directly and on the living room there are also no pc's, so unfortunately altho i know the app has been dramatically improved no question about that it does look awsome, there is no way i can fit an additional pc or even a raspberry pie into my setup in the living room onto my tv.

I hope someone with some DLNA experience can assist or advice, i just need the series poster to show and not a pic from the video when accessing the "Latest" section.

++ on the Next Up, on the Web GUI it looks perfect, even latest on the Web Gui is perfect, just on DLNA Server > TV it doesnt look the same, no epp number or series name and this is also only under latest. Going directly TV>Series it shows everything perfect.

Edited by wab

CBers

So your TV and Emby server are not on the same LAN ??

Which Samsung TV do you have ?? Is it a Smart TV ??

The emby server and the tv is on the same lan at home, but i have setup access via web gui using internet, and when you talked about how it looks on Next Up, i checked it out **im at work now**. Its a Samsung Smart TV series 6

Edited by wab
  • Like 1

CBers

So as long as your TV is connected to the same LAN as your Emby server is, you shouldn't have any problems connecting, if the app is the way you want to go :)

DLNA presentations are somewhat limited.  The best course of action would be to check out the app and see if it works better for you.

• Like 1

Hi Luke,

unfortunately it looks like my screen shot on top there, no series image on latest menu when streaming on lan to smart tv and no series name only episode name and thats all i see.