Stopped by to say Hello...

BrianG

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello to the MB team and to say how impressed I am with the MB system! I've been using MB2.xx for quite some time and recently in the last month upgraded to MB3. 

A little background on my setup:

The MB3 server: Also functions as a file server and web/DB server (IIS, classic ASP, SQLServer Express 2012). I like how MB plays nice with IIS so both my home intranet apps and the MB web interface can work at the same time. This "server" is just an i5 desktop  system, 16GB ram, and 7TB total storage. Currently only store standard DVD movies in ISO format (just main movie only) across two 3TB drives; each is a separate network share but are combined into one MB collection. Not using any form of RAID, but do have everything backed up to same number of external HDDs.

The MB3 Clients: Several different systems ranging from an HTPC/gaming system in the living room, to small Celeron G530 HTPC systems in the bedrooms, to mobile devices (all Android), and one ancient iMac. 

I just love how MB Server and Clients just works without complex configuration, and the web console is easy to use from any browser on my network when needed. I will say that it is VERY nice to have a central location for metadata finally! The wife and kids didn't notice anything when I switched from MB2.x to MB3 - which is a good thing since that means they don't have to figure out any kind of new interface from the client point of view.

There are probably all kinds of features I'm not taking advantage of, but everything works so well as it is, why mess with it? :) Once the holiday season is over and my wallet recovers from gift shopping, I definitely plan to contribute to keep this project going! It's well worth it!

• Like 5