Where is the custom IBN folder option?

Lee

basically the topic title.. can anybody help me out, just had to rebuild.. W10 is a POS, all done apart from this. i'm sure it's obvious but what with nothing working in IE or Edge i've about had enough!!!!

Happy2Play

Only issue with the new way is you have to move your People folder do to the creation of metadata folder.  So if you point Metadata to X:\IBN it creates X:\IBN\metadata\People.

Only issue with the new way is you have to move your People folder do to the creation of metadata folder.  So if you point Metadata to X:\IBN it creates X:\IBN\metadata\People.

do i have to have a sub folder for them all under metadata then?

Happy2Play

Since a metadata folder is created no matter where you point it to you have to move all your previous IBN info into metadata.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
GrotShot

it's the metadata path under metadata -> advanced.

what's not working in IE/Edge?

Luke - is it? It isn't on my server, that field is blank and called "Metadata path".

I have a custom IBN folder with Studio images, year images, genre images etc, etc that was all setup 3-4 years ago on a folder on my NAS and I assumed that Emby was still using it. Are you saying that it is redundant?

He is saying that you need to point the "Metadata Path" to your old IBN location if you want to use those things.

Also know that People are stored here too so, you may want to move the People folder from the default metadata path under the server folder to your IBN folder first.

GrotShot

EBR - OK, thanks. Any reason why that field was blank and the information wasn't carried over from the old IBN folder field? I also have to say that the wording of "Metadata path" gives the impression that ALL metadata will be stored here.