Cannot Add Media Libraries

Mindphuck
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Mindphuck

hi, im new to emby but im pretty computer savvy in general.  I for some reason, once i click on the type of content and give it a name, get to the next step (choosing directories) has anyone else experienced this or am i missing something.

thanks

Mindphuck

im pretty sure theres no more detail that it can be described in, but i'll try

upon inital setup, when asked to "Add Media Folder", i pick Tv, name it Tv Shows and then click Ok, after that nothing happens, the exact same thing happens when i do it through Library after the setup is done.

Good day,

Sorry to ask, but when you click ok after naming the virtual folder, like example TV Shows, then "OK" that it, did you click on the "+" to add your folder?

5605905e2e87b_20150925_211739.png

5605907cd8d89_20150925_211657.png

My best

• 3 weeks later...

@@Luke i have just had to nuke windows10, the backup option wouldn't work either for whatever reason (but at that point not much was!)

so i had to start from scratch.

i am currently getting no joy in IE or edge when trying to add libraries, it just hangs. initially it wouldn't even navigate to network shares. typing in the locations didn't work either.

if you are a first time user you'd find this VERY discouraging. i've installed the latest beta server BTW.

regards

lee

BTW i'm going to try chrome or firefox and hopefully get some joy!!

@@Luke I can confirm everything works in firefox, with a slight caveat. I've added a HD folder to movies. it won't let me add a SD folder. I've created a kids movies and added HD to that, same again. I'm unsure if this is just while the library is being scanned in... will report back on that.

Nikolaech

The new server installation Emby Server 3.0.5724.6

Added library
First start

6163246.png

Forced scan

6171425.png

Added additional library

First start

6221603.png

Forced scan

6197027.png

The new server installation Emby Server 3.0.5768.1   the library can not be added

server-63580789646.txt

Nikolaech

Emby Server 3.0.5768.2  

Adding libraries  OK

Scanning library OK  (option  Scan media library > On application startup) Sorry, I did not understand at once.

i'm all up and running now but edge and internet explorer will not let me do any kind of alterations... i can look through all the UI but if i try to danything ...

Happy2Play

I know with Edge it will make the changes but will not refresh properly to reflect the changes. 

@@Luke I can confirm everything works in firefox, with a slight caveat. I've added a HD folder to movies. it won't let me add a SD folder. I've created a kids movies and added HD to that, same again. I'm unsure if this is just while the library is being scanned in... will report back on that.

the IE hang is fixed in the beta revision that went up this morning.