Version 3.0.5768.1 - Parental Control issues

DGMayor

crashkelly

Hey,

Installed the dev build but I am not getting that message and I think it is due to no content at all loading from my TV Shows library due to not having a rating on that top-level of the library. (I had the rating there from a couple of hours ago and removed it for testing)

Thanks

CrashKelly

P.S. Ignore all the Samsung stuff as my wife was watching another show.

server-63580801203.txt

if i enable any parental blocks the entire folder underneath dissappears.. for example kids movies none of these have a rating higher than 12, the setting is 12a. if i enable it they all disappear??? what am i supposed to change there then? it's very convoluted imho...

Having to rebuild has been a massive pita. if i was a new user i'd have dropped emby like a hot stone. i have no experience with plex and am a massive emby fan so don't take that the wrong way... but it's true. It's only cos i know where/what i can get to with emby i've persevered.

if i enable any parental blocks the entire folder underneath dissappears.. for example kids movies none of these have a rating higher than 12, the setting is 12a. if i enable it they all disappear??? what am i supposed to change there then? it's very convoluted imho...

Having to rebuild has been a massive pita. if i was a new user i'd have dropped emby like a hot stone. i have no experience with plex and am a massive emby fan so don't take that the wrong way... but it's true. It's only cos i know where/what i can get to with emby i've persevered.

If unchecking "Block items with no rating information" solves the issue, then you have a folder with invalid information in one of the Parental rating fields.

If unchecking "Block items with no rating information" solves the issue, then you have a folder with invalid information in one of the Parental rating fields.

Any ratings within my media are an emby creation from the metadata manager there... So how did they become "invalid".

Like I said I love the product but I've not found it an easy experience starting from scratch. I could resolve all my issues but it was laborious....

Remember, new users will never know that this problem existed because it will be resolved by the time we go stable, so your statement doesn't really apply.

So for that, we thank you for being a part of the beta test team and taking one for the team to help improve the software for the general audience.

Any ratings within my media are an emby creation from the metadata manager there... So how did they become "invalid".

Like I said I love the product but I've not found it an easy experience starting from scratch. I could resolve all my issues but it was laborious....

Did you confirm that was the case?  If so, what was in there?

Invalid information could get in there any number of ways since we gather metadata from multiple sources and don't control what that metadata looks like.

it would be great if you could be a good beta tester and help us hunt down the problem. i am glad you have at least resolved it for now though.

@@Luke I should have some time this week (hopefully) full w10 rebuild has been a pain.. is it logs you require? Anything else???

DGMayor

If this is still unresolved by this weekend, I'll do my best to jump back in and help.   I'v'e been crazy busy selling my current house and buying a new one all that goes with it.   I'm loading a truck Tuesday, closing Wednesday and unloading a truck Wednesday afternoon.  Of course the first things to be connected is the modem, router, TV and HTPC.   It's going to be a crazy week.

@@Luke I just updated the server, the same occurs. oddly i'm not getting any music in the library I created even with the access control disabled..?

I've enabled debug logging and changed it in and out a few different ways to see if that gives you anything???

please try the dev build and see if it's resolved. i think i found why entire folders were getting hidden. thanks.

yep. works for me.. even with other ticked...

i'm going to guess none of my music has age related tags and that's why they aren't showing. will have a look tomoz

ooops no scub that. the main folders show in tv series (which they didn't) but nothing is underneath

crashkelly

I was still having this issue as well.

I am now running 3.0.5777.23785 (dev build) and the issue has been rectified.

With the previous versions I had to add a rating to the top level of the library in order for y kids to be able to see anything in the library once the item under "Block Unrated" were checked. If I set any rating at all, at or below the one set as the max for the user, for the library the items underneath would appear as expected and respect the parental ratings that had been set for the user.

I have now been able to remove the rating on the top-level library and the items underneath show as expected.

Thanks

CrashKelly

EDIT: I had also checked for anything stray in my folders and found nothing so not seeing the items in the library(s) was directly due to not have a rating at that top-level

Thanks

Edited by crashkelly