Force a Re-Add?

hansolo77

hansolo77

Ok, so my server computer was having some major issues.  The Active Directory Certificate Service wouldn't start, and a bunch of stuff got corrupted.  Not sure when it happened, but the only resolution was to do a complete format of the OS drive, and do a system restore from a Windows Back from September 1st.  Needless to say, Emby doesn't work right anymore.  I had to update Emby to the latest version, then reconfigure a bunch of options I had tweaked.  Also, I enabled the Music support, which I hadn't tried to setup until today.  Anyway, it all seemed to be working (except for the music part) so I went to my Kodi box...

Kodi is now all kinds of a screwed up.  The library is completely empty of all data from Emby, and only shows empty folders.  I found an option somewhere (I've only been using Kodi on my Raspberry Pi for like 5 days) that cleared out the existing library DB and allowed me to "re-sync".  It appeared to do something, and took a long time doing it, but when it was completed, my Movies and TV Show menu items (using Xperience1080 skin) where the content was showing previous is still empty.  I then tried to completely uninstall Emby from Kodi, rebooted, re-installed Emby, and tried to let it re-add everything.  Didn't seem to do anything either.. it just breezed through real quick saying "syncing.." and in about 2 minutes was completed, but my libraries are still empty.

Is there a direct way to completely restart an Emby install without having to format my SD card and start from scratch again?  I can do it if needed, but I'd really like to keep my current settings since I thought I had it working and made a lot of adjustments.  I thought the option to clear out all libraries would cause it to re-sync, but apparently not.

HELP!

hansolo77

I'm re-imaging my SD card from a backup I did yesterday to see if maybe some setting got screwed up.. give me a couple minutes and I'll have it up.

hansolo77

Ok, re-imaging seems to have fixed the library problem with my video media.  Everything now shows up like it should, and plays correctly.  Now if I can only figure out how to get it to re-sync so it can grab all the music I added.  I think that's where I started having the problems.  Does the Emby addon automatically fetch the database and make changes on a regular basis, or does it require a manual initiation?  Also, since I never had music in Emby before, will the Kodi program pick up on the new addition and add it to regular Kodi libraries?

Angelblue05

For library sections, you will need to do a resync. Otherwise, it will keep in sync with individual modifications.

Make sure music is enabled in add-on settings > sync options. Press ok.

Then launch Emby for Kodi > reset local database (full resync). Restart Kodi, and once Kodi starts back, it should sync your content in including your music.

hansolo77

Yeah that's what I thought I did before, when it failed to reload all my video media.  I'll try it again.

Angelblue05

if it crashes again during the sync, please post that Kodi log. It will contain the important information.

hansolo77

Ok, it finished syncing the Movies and is now on to TV Shows.  I will say that right now it looks like it didn't update the libraries.  If I go into the Movies tab/menu, nothing is there.  It says "No Media Source Available".

Here is the most current log.

log-2015-10-02-02.41.05.zip

Angelblue05

@@hansolo77

Enable debug log for the add-on and set it to info. Otherwise, I can't see any errors in the current log. It only commits to database after finishing going thru your library sections, so it's normal you don't see anything until the sync is finished.

Edited by Angelblue05

hansolo77

Ok so you're saying I should wait then.  :)  Will do.  I'll see if I can enable that debug log too for you.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Correct, you just need to wait until it's done syncing. Then your content will be committed to the database and your interface will be refresh to show everything. :) Yeah just in Emby for Kodi add-on settings > advanced > log : Info.

hansolo77

Well crap!  LOL.  Been waiting for an hour.  Came back to it, and it had appeared to have been completed, but everything was still empty.  Did a reboot of the Pi, and it said Emby couldn't connect to the server.  Checked, and yup, the server had gone into standby!  LOL OMG.  Gonna have to start all over again.

Angelblue05

omg.... Do you have the Kodi log? Should be named Kodi.old if you restarted Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

hansolo77

It's working!  I told my server to stay on for 24 hours, then went ahead and went to bed.  Woke up just now and everything is listed in the libraries.  So I guess I was doing everything right in the first place, it just got hiccuped or something and stopped.  Thanks a lot!

• Like 1