Delete content automatically

MBFanAddict

MBFanAddict

I would like a feature to automatically delete TV after a specified time if watched. I know this could be dangerous but for me I just don't need to keep more than the latest several episodes of tv and don't want to have to manage deleting things in so many series I have.

Maybe it could be a plug in so it takes one more step to get it installed and configured. This could avoid mistately enabling a feature like this.

Deathsquirrel

Dear god, no.

Please never add anything that can automatically delete media.  When a bug in that module deletes my collection, forcing me to pull out my backup drives I WILL be one of the villagers chasing you, pitchfork and torch in hand.

Plugins are fine, but never in the core product.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mnbf9rca

i would find it useful to

• be able to select which shows to do this for, and
  • have a page which shows which episodes are queued for deletion

Even my wife only wants to watch each episode of the kardashians once...

mjktg99

It's been requested before to allow deletion from the apps. (Manual deletion) I think it will get implemented at some point but I don't know about any type of automatic deletion.

Currently you can only delete from the web interface and also the android phone app because it is pretty much just the web interface.

Currently you can only delete from the web interface and also the android phone app because it is pretty much just the web interface.

And EMC.

The ATV app allows deletion of recorded TV but not normal library content at this time.

I think that automatic deletion should only be implemented by some sort of plug-in because it would just be too easy for someone to accidentally delete their library.

I think the vast majority of Emby users hoard everything and build up a library but there are some that use it more like a DVR - cycling content through it.  Something like this would be useful to those users but, again, very easy to be very destructive without realizing it.

• Like 1