Unable to view live tv

chilloutboy

chilloutboy

Hi all

I have recently started using live tv after a break.

I am using serverwmc and have set up everything using WMC and have channels and are able to view live tv in WMC.

Emby server and server wmc both show my tuners, however when i access live tv using the web client (Internet Explorer) i get all of the listings and the channels but when i play a channel the screen goes blank  as though playing but there is no picture or sound.  At this point serverwmc shows the tuner is streaming, so all looks ok.

I have attched the server log and the transcoding log.

Any help will be appreciated.

server-63578857161.txt

transcode-a8d8ea28-8759-400c-be30-db958896ccc8.txt

Also, when you are trying to watch live tv, where is your CPU and memory in terms of utilization? Could be that your server can't handle the transcoding.

chilloutboy

Thanks both for your suggestions.  I tried using Firefox and i can view :D .  CPU using is around 18%.

My preferred client is Emby Theater, i am unable to view any channels, i get an error "There was an error processing your request"  I have attched the Emby Thetheater-63578944769.txtater log and it looks like a DirectShow error, see attached.  Any ideas anyone?

btgerold

I have a similar set up and problem using an external tuners and just started watching live TV again recently (football).  through my roku it plays anywhere from 1-5 minutes then cuts out.  Similar on the web-browser ap on the computer that is my wmb server.  Android apps don't stream it at all.

Oddly, recordings seem to be unaffected.  Also no issues streaming recorded TV or other media files.

Also when I watch TV using Windows Media Center it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
JeremyFr79

Try turning on the HTTPs service in ServerWMC this corrected all my similar issues in the past.