Kodi crashes when caching artwork/textures

gothink

I am experiencing an issue with Kodi (OpenElec on Raspberry Pi 2) when I try to cache artwork.

Raspberry Pi 2
OpenElec for RPi2 5.0.8

Kodi 14.2

Emby add-on 1.1.39

Emby server 3.0.5724.4 (Ubuntu 64bit)

Background: after messing with Kodi for a while and playing with add-ons that conflicted, everything seemed to break.

Today, I did a fresh install of OpenElec on my RPi2 and installed the Emby repository and add-on. The initial sync kept causing the RPi to reboot and restart the sync. It seemed to crash at random points but would never get past ~140/750.

Once I disabled the "Auto add images to the Kodi texture cache" option in Sync Options, the initial sync runs fine. But the images aren't being updated. Previously, I had used texturecache.py to handle this task but was hoping I could avoid that.

Now, if I select the aforementioned option or try to perform a "Cache all images to Kodi texture cache" from the launch menu, Kodi crashes and the RPi restarts. Not sure what is causing the issue. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I have attached a link to a log after restarting and trying to perform a full initial sync with the "Auto add images to the Kodi texture cache" option enabled. I have further logs I can provide and can enable more detailed logs if required.

Log

Interesting, thank you for the tip. I'll dig into some of the Kodi logs to try and figure out what the issue is. Odd that it is just the one action that is triggering the crash. I'll update this post if I find anything relevant to the community.