libmediainfo0 dependency issue on Debian sid

Mahesh

Hi,

I am following instructions on http://emby.media/downloads/linux-server/ for Debian 8 to install Emby server on my Debian sid computer. I am getting the following dependency errors related to libmediainfo0 package:

$ lsb_release -da
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)
Release:    unstable
Codename:    sid
$ sudo apt-get install mono-runtime mediainfo libsqlite3-dev imagemagick-6.q8 libmagickwand-6.q8-2 libmagickcore-6.q8-2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
mediainfo is already the newest version.
libsqlite3-dev is already the newest version.
imagemagick-6.q8 is already the newest version.
libmagickcore-6.q8-2 is already the newest version.
libmagickwand-6.q8-2 is already the newest version.
mono-runtime is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
$ sudo apt-get install emby-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 emby-server : Depends: libmediainfo0 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Any idea how to resolve this dependency issue?

Thanks,

Mahesh

• 3 weeks later...
vandamme

I have the same problem with both Kubuntu 15.10 beta and Mint 17.2.  Missing libmediainfo0. Mint is built on Ubuntu 14.04 as I recall.

In debian sid the package name seems to have changed from libmediainfo0 to libmediainfo0v5.

@@hurricanehrndz maybe you should add this as an alternative dependency to libmediainfo0?

• 2 weeks later...
bondfreak

i had the same issue on an upgraded ubuntu 15.10. i solved it installing all the dependencies by myself. when it asks you to install libmediainfo0, just do it on your own ;) if there is an error stating you are still missing other packages, install these too.

this should go well as a workaroung until the dependencies in the package are fixed.

EDIT: or let's generally say "until the dependencies are fixed" ;) might not be the package itself 

Edited by bondfreak

vandamme

i had the same issue on an upgraded ubuntu 15.10. i solved it installing all the dependencies by myself. when it asks you to install libmediainfo0, just do it on your own ;)

I think I'll wait until Mint updates in November, rather than take a chance on updating libstdc++6, which runs all my programs. Ubuntu 15.10 has the latest libstdc++6, Mint's is old.

Interestingly enough, I tried Universal Media Server, and it gives me the same dependency complaints but it runs anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
barncroft02

I have had the same issues installing Emby on Ubuntu 15.10 server edition. It said libmediainfo0 is not installable and  would not be installed. Looks like standard package on Ubuntu 15.10 is  libmediainfo0v5. I manually installed the libmediainfo0 and its dependencies and all has worked correctly so far.

If anyone is worried about breaking other programs I am running Owncloud and the usual programs assoiciated with Sabnzbdplus with no issues, so all is good for me.

MeltedLux

I have had the same issues installing Emby on Ubuntu 15.10 server edition. It said libmediainfo0 is not installable and  would not be installed. Looks like standard package on Ubuntu 15.10 is  libmediainfo0v5. I manually installed the libmediainfo0 and its dependencies and all has worked correctly so far.

If anyone is worried about breaking other programs I am running Owncloud and the usual programs assoiciated with Sabnzbdplus with no issues, so all is good for me.

Also have this issue on Ubuntu 15.10. Due to these package conflicts Emby will replace libmediainfo0v5 with libmedinfo0 which breaks Sonarr as it depends on libmediainfo0v5.

hurricanehrndz

There is no official ppa for 15.10 the packages provided in a topic within these forums though has the correct dependencies. I will add sid to the emby-builder that is based on Docker.

Please see the following topic: 

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26896-stretch-and-wily-support-and-more-libmediainfo0v5/

Please stop using the 15.04 ppa if your on 15.10. As for sid, the stretch package should be good enough for now. PS docker-engine needs to be installed if you wish to build your package as described in the post. 

Edited by hurricanehrndz