Poll- Which Emby Client do you WANT (or use most)??

Xzener

Which Emby Client do you WANT (or used most)??  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Which Emby Client do you WANT (or use most)??

• Emby Theater (MBT or awaiting Emby Theater)
    • Emby Web Client
    • Emby Classic (WMC)
    • Emby for Android
    • Emby for IOS
    • Emby for Android TV or Amazon Fire TV
    • Emby for Kodi Plugin
    • Emby for Roku
    • Emby for Apple TV
    • Emby for Samsung Smart TV
    • Emby for Windows 8/10 App
    • Emby for Windows Phone
    • Media Browser for MediaPortal Plugin

xnappo

Emby server and Kodi are two very different things.  Right now Kodi is the only way to use Emby on a Linux based HTPC.  The player never transcodes and has good audio support.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

JoshuaAJones

remember these are just votes from the community, which will lean more to the enhusiast side. think about all of the people who just install the software from the app stores and never visit here. they represent the largest demographic of our user base now.

The app may represent your largest demographic by number of downloads but that does not directly translate into actual usage data.

I have downloaded the app 6 times within the family but use it very sparingly (usually just to cast to the CC when working out or on vacation).

The ET is constantly running (besides the randomly required restarts).

Trakt says that I watch 60+ episodes/week plus a few movies.

IMO, ET is the best... can't wait for the next version!

Also true is your forum statement.  Sad for them as this place is great.

Emby for android tv on myh nvidia shield tv box ofc .. but also uses the web client on my win 10 to.   atleast untill a good windows 10 app comes along. 

Vidman

Emby for android tv on myh nvidia shield tv box ofc .. but also uses the web client on my win 10 to. atleast untill a good windows 10 app comes along.

what's wrong with the current win 10 app?

dark_slayer

I don't get it....

What is the purpose of running EMBY through Kodi? To me it seems EMBY does pretty much everything Kodi does, or am I missing something?

Kodi is awesome. Allows full mvc 3d playback on RPi2. Bitstreams hd audio in openelec on weak sauce chipsets like the fanless j1900. Openelec (Linux) needs minimal RAM and runs snappy from USB. Your diy build cost goes way down with OE, and the minimal maintenance updates are beyond fantastic. It's life changing. If Android is more the thing, even the lowly nexus player can direct play full bluray without transcoding in kodi (with the exception of the now-defunct VC1 titles)

Then there's Emby, which is the greatest backend and more. It's a match made in heaven

Koleckai Silvestri

what's wrong with the current win 10 app?

- It doesn't play all content. Sometimes it just stalls out and crashes if content needs to be transcoded. Sometimes it tries to Direct play some content it should be transcoding.

- "Play From Here" often crashes the app to the desktop.

- Organization and layout can be improved. For instance, I have TV listed first in my libraries. It is the most used. The app shows TV at the top of the list but displays content from Movies when you first start it.

Plus other issues.

• Like 1

Vidman

- It doesn't play all content. Sometimes it just stalls out and crashes if content needs to be transcoded. Sometimes it tries to Direct play some content it should be transcoding.

- "Play From Here" often crashes the app to the desktop.

- Organization and layout can be improved. For instance, I have TV listed first in my libraries. It is the most used. The app shows TV at the top of the list but displays content from Movies when you first start it.

Plus other issues.

I wasn't asking you:p

Just kidding;)