Metadata manager issue

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I have 3 TV series that are being difficult to correctly ID the metadata for, which is fine, because they are shows that have older or similar shows of the same name at different years so I expect that to happen.

However, the problem is when I go to the metadata manager and try to use the identify feature and fix it, it's not completely fixing it. 

The shows are: The Flash (the CW version from 2014), Archer (the cartoon on FX from 2009), and Castle (the ABC show from 2009). The metadata manager initially pulls the data for The Flash from CBS in 1990, the Archer gets me the version from NBC in 1975 and Castle pulls the Documentary series from the BBC in 2003.

When I go to the metadata manager to correct it, it partially corrects it sometimes. The Flash seems to do the best and it pulls all the new correct images but the show description is wrong. On Archer it pulls the Series poster but not the Season posters and will not change the description of the show, it shows it has ended as a series and other description data is wrong. Pretty much the same thing with Castle in that it will pull the correct images but not descriptions.

I have tried deleting all the data for each show manually before doing the Identify step (including deleting the IMDB number, and the other and saving that). 

The only way to correct it for good is to change the folder name on my Hard drive to The Flash (2014), Archer (2009) and Castle (2009).

The problem with changing the folder name as above is that I use MCEBuddy to watch my DVR folder, cut the commercials from the show and then it can automatically drop the episode in the correct folder in my TV Series folder if the Season folder for that episode doesn't have the (2009) in the name of the folder. If it does then MCEBuddy will just create it's own folder structure because it doesn't like the year number in the name of the existing Series folder.

I hope all this makes sense. I handled it before by have MCEBuddy drop the episode file in a separate folder and had Emby Auto Organize feature watching that folder and moving it. This works, even with the Series folder having the year in it, but it is an extra step I would like to do away with if possible.

I am on the Emby Server stable version 3.0.5724.3

Edit:

forgot to post a log (this is with an attempt to update the Archer series):

server-63578348013.txt

Edited by jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I just gave this another try to see what would happen and from looking at the logs there seems to be something going on with it trying to contact tmdb.org.

Here is the log:

server-63578349193.txt

Update:

I was looking at the services section on the server manager under the seasons folders part and noticed the The Movie Database is the only service available for downloading season posters. Maybe that is the issue since the log is showing a problem contacting that service?

Why is that the only service for fetching season metadata? 

Edited by jasonmcroy

• 4 weeks later...
Camikazi

I just gave this another try to see what would happen and from looking at the logs there seems to be something going on with it trying to contact tmdb.org.

Here is the log:

attachicon.gifserver-63578349193.txt

Update:

I was looking at the services section on the server manager under the seasons folders part and noticed the The Movie Database is the only service available for downloading season posters. Maybe that is the issue since the log is showing a problem contacting that service?

Why is that the only service for fetching season metadata? 

Bit old, but I have the Archer series and it picked it up fine when the files are named "Archer (2009)", if it was named anything else it would pick up the 1975 show. I tend to name things the way TheTVDB.com has them setup and everything gets picked up fine for me. I do have the Series section setup to check TheTVDB.com primarily and all season information and pictures are downloaded from there it seems.

Edited by Camikazi

jasonmcroy

Yes, I too can get it to work if the folder has the year tagged in it as well. The problem before was using it with MCEBuddy as stated in the 1st post. However, since that post I have just created a work around and just use Emby's auto organize feature. It creates an extra step for me but at least I don't have to mess with the Metadata manager now.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk