Path substitution by user

rap777

Hi there!

I am using emby in combination with KODI and it works great. I substituted all my media path from my Freenas server to nfs direct access which also works great on all my devices.

The only problem I have is in my 3D- cinema room as I need to mount the 3DBR-iso to play on an external player but window does not read nfs mounts. 

What I was trying to do is create a new user "Cinema" and change the path substitution to a mounted drive on this particular cinema computer. But when I try to change the path substitution for user "Cinema" it also changes the path substitution for all users on emby. 

My question now is can I use a path substitution for user "Cinema" that is different to the path substitution to user "emby"?

I hope this makes sense and thank you for a great add-on to KODI.

Regards

Alfred

Edited by rap777

Hi Vidman!

Thank you for your quick reply. Would you know of any other way this could be accomplished? I really enjoy using emby so I do hope to be able to accomplish this. Alternatively, you think it would be worthwhile to politely ask if this could be considered in a future update?

Regards

Alfred

Edited by rap777

Thanks again Vidmar.

I do like the extra speed I get from using nfs especially when playing BR over the network (all wired). Seems to me the easiest solution is to not use emby on my cinema PC . I lose out on the sync option but that is OK for the time being. Once headless KODI becomes available or emby may allow alternative path for different users that will work until than.

Thanks again 

regards

Alfred

Edited by rap777

VladTepz

If I'm understanding what you posted correctly, you *may* be able to accomplish what you need using Kodi's built in path substitution. "Sounds like your using the Emby-Kodi addon? Pretty sure this may work if so...not 100% & not tested"

Basically just create/edit a advancedsettings.xml user "Cinema's" profile/ userdata folder with the following: (Edit to your needs)

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>SMB://192.168.1.19/Movies/</from>
    <to>G:\Movies\</to>
  </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Source:http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

Hope this helps,

-Vlad

Edited by VladTepz

If I'm understanding what you posted correctly, you *may* be able to accomplish what you need using Kodi's built in path substitution. "Sounds like your using the Emby-Kodi addon? Pretty sure this may work if so...not 100% & not tested"

Basically just create/edit a advancedsettings.xml user "Cinema's" profile/ userdata folder with the following: (Edit to your needs)

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>SMB://192.168.1.19/Movies/</from>
    <to>G:\Movies\</to>
  </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Source:http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

Hope this helps,

-Vlad

Thank you Vlad!

I tried this as it seems to make perfect sense but it kept coming up with an error message. Seems to me it passed the info to the "external player" in playercorefactory.xml file before it substitutes the path in advancedsettings.xml . But not a major problem. It only means I can not sync my library in my Cinema room. 

Thanks again 

Regards

Alfred