Notifications

ab123ga
Go to solution Solved by chef,

This is still happening lol! I got stuck on some jquery last night but it is super close!

I even added the ability to choose titles you want to have sent out to your users as a "Last Chance" watch before you delete them from your library.

Pretty much just taking all the ideas from Netflix and putting into the plugin!

Should have something to put to the test shortly :)

Edited by chef

Yeah absolutely. I am a bit turned around with the notification system. I am having issues putting notifications into the inbox.

I was going to post the entire sln and also the dll here first to make sure it all works.

Edited by chef

I do have a jquery question, I'll probably figure it out eventually, but how do you get the value of a timepicker object.

Is it a string?

Even if I use "val().tostring " it doesn't want to serializer as a string in the configuration XML.

Edited by chef

Ouch! I didn't "share my property variable and that is why the code wasn't working...

Writing plugins can get tidious, if your not careful about what is "shared" in vb.net, or you aren't mindful of case sensitivity in Jquery...

To keep up with the specs I received, this plugin might not find its way into the catalog. Not that there needs to be two of the same kind of plugin in there anyway. :)

If you guys are interested in what this one does then pm me and we can talk.

The way it is built, it handles the baseitem information directly from what is added to your library, not pushing notifications from your emby inbox.

One thing I though about doing was checking the inbox for new media notifications which would kick off the plugin to search for the baseitem object and report on it. Which still makes sense...

Right now, it saves baseitem info in a list, if it meets the criteria of a video or audio.

You can set it up to send out emails with the primary Image and the overview in HTML format.

Currently it builds a list of baseitem objects which is only saved for the life of the server. In other words, currently, if the server restarts that information will be lost. I thought about sending emails out at the moment of a server restart... Not sure about that... Might prolong a nessessary restart. This can all be arranged and programmed accordingly.

I think it is a useful plugin, and does something unique. But, again, it doesn't follow any guidelines to be put into the catalog. Which is cool, because there already exists a plugin which handles more there. :)

Worth the time to code, lots of learning about the emby Interfaces and how powerful the API is! By the way it is super powerful :)

Edited by chef

I now have a new issue with notifications. 

Since the current notification related to content sends out more information that I care for (original post related to wanting movies only...no actors, production companies etc) I set it to where notifications to the dashboard and Pushbullet only. However, the system is still sending notifications via email. Example from my log is below clearly showing that an email will be sent to email@comcast.net. A screenshot showing that email notifications is turned off for new content =  https://app.box.com/s/cq3tdielsgldags3jlebi7j36w5s1v39

2015-09-30 03:00:26.5823 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://api.pushbullet.com/v2/pushes
2015-09-30 03:00:26.8693 Debug - NotificationManager: Sending notification via Dashboard Notifications to user xxx
2015-09-30 03:00:26.8834 Debug - NotificationManager: Sending notification via Email Notifications to user xxx
2015-09-30 03:00:26.8834 Debug - Notifier: Emailing XXXXX@comcast.net with subject Media Browser: Jake Gyllenhaal has been added to your media library.
2015-09-30 03:00:34.3318 Debug - App: Running PersonXmlProvider for C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People\L\Lena Headey
2015-09-30 03:00:34.3708 Debug - App: Saving C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People\L\Lena Headey to database.
2015-09-30 03:00:34.3708 Debug - SqliteItemRepository: select guid from TypedBaseItems where Guid in (select ItemId from People where Name=@PersonName)
2015-09-30 03:00:39.3181 Debug - NotificationManager: Sending notification via PushBullet Notifications to user xxx
Edited by ab123ga

• 3 weeks later...
Sp3kt3r

Hey Chef, any luck with your plugin so far :)

This is something I really wish to have that my family receive when I add something new to the library.

Happy is right. I had to build an app instead because it was harder to read user based library info in a plugin environment. An app allowed for direct access once the user was authenticated, which was much easier to code.

I plan on updating the app again. It doesn't run high resources and will soon beable to be minimized to the task tray beside the server.

• 3 months later...