EMby/Kodi concerts

skank

No, no autofill. The video nodes are your Emby library sections. If you want to keep the same structure as in Emby, then it's just a matter of pointing your shortcut directly to them.

If not, you can use playlists using tags is, and you'll see the same library sections as tags, which you can combine then with other rules in the smart playlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha ! Good to know

I'll try this tonight.

Only thing is, when i create a smart playlist, using tags, i dont see the same library section as tags..

Angelblue05

Yeah we need to figure this out because they should be there. I'll be back later - then we can check this out.

• Like 1

Go into your skin settings (settings > appearance > skin settings), find the menu that allows you to change your home shortcuts, then point the menu to video add-ons > emby > movies. You may also need to create a playlist if the skin doesn't allow video nodes (videos > playlists > smart playlist > filter using tags is - and select the relevant ones)

Im trying to get it work.

To get my movies together like you said in kodi doesnt work, although they are grouped in emby

Getting only 3d movies together in kodi using playlist and tags do work.. Figured that out. Thx

Now.. I could do this for all my movies.. Create a playlist but thats not the way to do it normal no?

I see them all. Together in emby but (grouped folders together) why not in kodi?

No, no autofill. The video nodes are your Emby library sections. If you want to keep the same structure as in Emby, then it's just a matter of pointing your shortcut directly to them.

If not, you can use playlists using tags is, and you'll see the same library sections as tags, which you can combine then with other rules in the smart playlist.

The nodes are referring to the paths i entered in kodi server... not to the views i see in the webui under "media"

This way i have 6 nodes which should be in fact 1 (movies) like in the webui

If use the shortcut movies, then it shows all movies + my concerts

so that doesnt work either

The only way around is if i use labels/tags for all 6  but that isnt theway it should be

i hope i make myself clear?

Angelblue05

Sorry missed your previous message. Have been taking a break, been working non stop on this project since it's inception (back in march). This is the first real break I've took since, other than the occasional 1 day here and there.

Are your concerts split from your movies in the webclient? If so, then you should have a tag/video node associated to it. For the rest of your movies, if they are grouped in the webclient, try resetting your Kodi library so the changed is picked up. It should create one Emby entry in Kodi for those movies.

Sorry missed your previous message. Have been taking a break, been working non stop on this project since it's inception (back in march). This is the first real break I've took since, other than the occasional 1 day here and there.

Are your concerts split from your movies in the webclient? If so, then you should have a tag/video node associated to it. For the rest of your movies, if they are grouped in the webclient, try resetting your Kodi library so the changed is picked up. It should create one Emby entry in Kodi for those movies.

Everyone needs a well-deserved break ;)

Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes my concerts are split in the webclient

And yes i have a video node for it, that is working

However i have 6 paths for movie (1 for concerts + 5 actual movies)

In the webclient i see 2 things

- movies (for the 5 actual ones)

- concerts

In kodi (even after resetting) everything is grouped (all 6 , so including concerts)

Angelblue05

That makes no sense. If your concerts are not grouped with your movies in the webclient, then they should not be grouped in Kodi?? You should have one emby "Movies" entry (the same one as you see in the webclient), and one concert one (same as the webclient)...

Edited by Angelblue05

That makes no sense. If your concerts are not grouped with your movies in the webclient, then they should not be grouped in Kodi?? You should have one emby "Movies" entry (the same one as you see in the webclient), and one concert one (same as the webclient)...

You say one entry and another one for concert, but do you mean an entry in the video nodes or in the main menu bar?

Cause in the video nodes, i have all 6 entrys

In the main menu, all 6 are together in one entry...

Angelblue05

Ok, so remove/replace the main menu entry with the proper  movies entry and not the Kodi one which groups up all your movies into one section. Kodi movies entry, the one set automatically in the home menu can be removed, because it combines everything that's considered movies type. Which skin are you using?

Edited by Angelblue05

Ok, so remove/replace the main menu entry with the proper  movies entry and not the Kodi one which groups up all your movies into one section. Kodi movies entry, the one set automatically in the home menu can be removed, because it combines everything that's considered movies type. Which skin are you using?

skin aeon mq 6 (perhaps later arctic zephyr exploded if i can find how to work with widgets to my needs

If i want to replace the one from kodi which groups all, then i have to create a playlist and point all 5 nodes to it

Angelblue05

Correct, however if you have your 5 Emby sections for movies grouped in the webclient, then they should also be grouped in Kodi under one Emby video node. This is what you should be able to use as your movies entry on your main menu. Is it not the case?

Correct, however if you have your 5 Emby sections for movies grouped in the webclient, then they should also be grouped in Kodi under one Emby video node. This is what you should be able to use as your movies entry on your main menu. Is it not the case?

No thats not the case

Those entries are all separated (even after resync)

But its good too they are separated cause otherwise i wouldnt be able to use nodes, to get my 3d and kids movies out of it

So in fact in need both

all separated

and

those grouped in the webclient in one node too

Edited by skank
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Alright, for now you can merge them into one playlist using the tags. I will look into why group collections have no effect anymore? It used to work previously, but I'm sure it hasn't been tested recently.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Alright, for now you can merge them into one playlist using the tags. I will look into why group collections have no effect anymore? It used to work previously, but I'm sure it hasn't been tested recently.

Had any time to figure it out or inspect it?

Angelblue05

Not yet, dont worry I will let you know when I have a chance. Most likely this weekend - I am going to work on a tutorial for kodi shortcuts/playlists, how to set up emby userviews in Kodi. At the same time I will look into this.

Thanks for your patience :)

Edit: Just confirmed the behavior. Will hopefully fix it this weekend.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Not yet, dont worry I will let you know when I have a chance. Most likely this weekend - I am going to work on a tutorial for kodi shortcuts/playlists, how to set up emby userviews in Kodi. At the same time I will look into this.

Thanks for your patience :)

Edit: Just confirmed the behavior. Will hopefully fix it this weekend.

Aha ! 

Didnt see your edit.

Good you confirmed it :)

Looking forward to the fix and to the tutorial :)

Angelblue05

Yeah, I'm not even sure anymore if "My views" had any effect whatsoever. We work with how emby returns items and it returns them ungrouped at the moment so I'll need to check we are using the proper api endpoint.

Otherwise, did you know when selecting tags for your playlist, you could select multiple tags in one go?

560ce2c079156_screenshot038.png

Angelblue05

I understand and agree. The only downside of doing this is that you'll have to resync your Kodi library if you change your views to be combined or not. :)

I will look into it, but I don't think it'll make the next beta release (in a few hours)

Edit: I'll be looking into adding emby tags next. I will also look for the grouping at the same time.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

I understand and agree. The only downside of doing this is that you'll have to resync your Kodi library if you change your views to be combined or not. :)

I will look into it, but I don't think it'll make the next beta release (in a few hours)

Edit: I'll be looking into adding emby tags next. I will also look for the grouping at the same time.

I like your work, progress and effort ! Thx mate

Resyncing isnt a problem at all.

• Like 1