Mixed content? :-o

riffy

Thank you very much for the explanation guys! It is what it is and now I get it.

To elaborate on my 2nd issue.

In my Emby Library I have a mixed folder named MixFolder.

This folder has 2 Media Locations: \\server\kidmovies and \\server\kidshows

\\server\kidshows has multiple shows:

\\server\kidshows\show1

\\server\kidshows\show2

After 1.1.39 this mixed folder is presented to Kodi as MixFolder - Movies and MixFolder - Shows which is great!

However, MixFolder - Shows is pointing to(shows content of):

\\server\kidshows\show2 instead of \\server\kidshows

On top of that inside of MixFolder - Shows in addition to season structure of show2, there is a show1

I thought that perhaps the tags/favorite was incorrectly created so i went to try and change/recreate it but that is impossible because

Hopefully this doesn't come across as a wall of text:)

Thank you!

Why on earth do you have a mixed folder made up of separate movie and TV folders?

altramarine

Certainly, thanks for sticking with me.

One strange thing i've just noticed:

If I search for this particular show (that MixFolder - Shows pointing to) using Emby search feature, it shows me:

Showname - folder (no cover art), Showname - series (normal coverart), and all the episodes

If i do a search on any other show, it just shows me Showname - series.

Does that make sense?

I may have another issue at hand, sorry to trouble you with this.

• Like 1

altramarine

Why on earth do you have a mixed folder made up of separate movie and TV folders?

In my instance, I use only one (non admin) login for Emby which lists all of the content.

The intention is to separate my kid's content to its own folder which happens to have movies and shows. I do not want his movies and shows mixed with my content.

Yes, of course, I could have a separate account, but my kid is 3 years of age, so that won't do.

So my Kodi screens comes with "Movies", "Shows", "Kids" and after 1.1.39 "Movies", "Shows", "Kids - Movies", "Kids - Shows" which is perfectly fine.

Edited by altramarine

Angelblue05

It doesn't make sense to me, but what you found make it seem like something is not right with your mixed folder setup in Emby and I think that may be what you are seeing in Kodi. Perhaps a question that should be asked in the server forums.

• Like 1

altramarine

It doesn't make sense to me, but what you found make it seem like something is not right with your mixed folder setup in Emby and I think that may be what you are seeing in Kodi. Perhaps a question that should be asked in the server forums.

Will do, thank you !