Mixed content? :-o

riffy

I noticed that mixed content was added. Can someone explain how this works? I have some folders that I've just set as Movies that has all sorts of stuff in it really. Haven't tried to set it to mixed yet. 

Great job btw with all the improvements! 

Angelblue05

Finally, someone inquiring about my work! haha :)

Kodi doesn't have mixed content, so basically we take your Emby mixed content library and split into two category: movies and tv shows. So, if you change your library section to mixed, then reset your Kodi library, it will sync the library into two category for Kodi (userview name - Movies and userview name - TV Shows).

Angelblue05

Yeah, we do depend on Emby knowing if the content is tvshows or movies. How is your structure for your mixed content in Emby? Can you take a screenshot of the section (opened) in the metadata manager?

It's just a ton of random stuff in a folder. One time tv shows, some daily type shows, random documentaries, a few oddball movies, etc... Nothing is in it's own folder at least not on purpose. lol

• Like 1

I have it all set up funky I'm sure. 

..Video\ <- empty

..Video\Cameras <- recorded video from blue iris

..Video\Movies\  <- empty

..Video\Movies\Keep <- movies that I keep

..Video\Movies\Maybe <- movies I might keep

..Video\Movies\New <- where new movies download into

..Video\Movies\UpGrade <- movies that are looking for 1080p version

..Video\Other <stuff that's home vids & things that didn't download right

..Video\TV Shows <- empty

..Video\TV Shows\AutoOrganize <-refusing to do Rick & Morty :-o

..Video\TV Shows\Ended <- some day I WILL watch all 600 & something doctor whos!

..Video\TV Shows\Live <-not used actually :-o

..Video\TV Shows\Other <-folder I described above

..Video\TV Shows\Pilots <- just pilots

..Video\TV Shows\Recorded <- recorded tv from nextpvr

..Video\TV Shows\Returning <- all the tv shows that are continuing

Edited by riffy

Angelblue05

Yeah, we still don't support anything outside the norm here. What will be imported is what emby detects as movies and plain old tvshows, anything else is not imported. I believe in the emby metadata manager you can set the proper content type for each entry if they are not correctly detected by emby (for example, a tv show being detected as a movie, etc).

The mixed content situation is really for you have one folder, with movies and tv shows. We grab everything that's qualified as tv shows, import into Kodi. We grab everything that's qualified as movies and import it. But it depends on emby knowing if the content is movies or tvshows or other.

Edited by Angelblue05

All the mixed stuff is watched & deleted so not worth doing anything to it. & it's so chaotic on what's actually downloaded cuz I have it automated. :-)

It's set up this way so flexget can play with different settings from each folder on what it will look for & download. It sometimes doesn't put stuff in the right folder so that stuff falls into the "Video\Other" folder.

Angelblue05

Yeah sorry, that's how Luke suggested we handled this. So that's what I did, mixed content will always be hit or miss so I guess in your situation it will be more of a miss than a hit. Just out of curiosity, even your one time tv shows were still detected a movies in Kodi? :)

Angelblue05

Hm, that is strange. I don't have a big mixed folder to test - I had two tv shows and a few movies and they get separated properly in Kodi.

Angelblue05

nfos are not read by our add-on but are read by the emby server. I'm not sure how it would affect the outcome. It's still early in the process, so any feedback will help us define a proper method on how to treat them. Kodi doesn't support them and that's saying something, they are really a mess to handle when you need everything to be a certain way. :)

Not to mention they get left behind a lot when stuff is deleted too. I figured when I changed the content in emby server it might have just read the nfos it created. I didn't go & delete all of em. I'm pretty sure it's grabbing the watched status from the nfos when it rescans the folders so why not the type too?

altramarine

Hey guys,

I posted my question here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-skin/?p=247051 but that is the wrong spot for it.

I am also very excited about you guys addressing mixed folder content, thank you!

Is this the direction you'll be taking with mixed content? Separation to two folders? Ideally, it would be more convenient and consistent to have both movies and shows under one folder. To me , personally, that is the idea behind Mixed Content. If wanted to separate them, I'd do it manually. That said, I have no idea what goes on under the hood and the complications that comes with so please don't hate:)

Another question: The "Folder - Shows" is nested inside one of the shows instead of the root of all shows.
How can I correct this?
I tried changing it via Tags by going Video ->Movies(or Shows) ->Tags, but adding a new Tag lands me into the ENTIRE movies or show collection where I am able to select a specific movie or show with no option to select Emby folder. 

Kodi: 15.1 on Windows 7
Emby: 1.1.39
Skin: Titan: 3.4.1

Many thanks,

Edited by altramarine

xnappo

Kodi does not support mixed content, so if you have mixed content on the server we have to split it out.

An alternative is to go back to the old addon style for mixed content - which is probably what we should do for home videos - but that would be very slow if you have a lot of stuff in there.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

There's no way of combining tv shows and movies into one folder. Kodi doesn't support mixed content, hence why we are forced to do it this way.

As for your other question, I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you please explain in more details.

• Like 1

altramarine

Kodi does not support mixed content, so if you have mixed content on the server we have to split it out.

An alternative is to go back to the old addon style for mixed content - which is probably what we should do for home videos - but that would be very slow if you have a lot of stuff in there.

xnappo

There's no way of combining tv shows and movies into one folder. Kodi doesn't support mixed content, hence why we are forced to do it this way.

As for your other question, I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you please explain in more details.

Thank you very much for the explanation guys! It is what it is and now I get it.

To elaborate on my 2nd issue.

In my Emby Library I have a mixed folder named MixFolder.

This folder has 2 Media Locations: \\server\kidmovies and \\server\kidshows

\\server\kidshows has multiple shows:

\\server\kidshows\show1

\\server\kidshows\show2

After 1.1.39 this mixed folder is presented to Kodi as MixFolder - Movies and MixFolder - Shows which is great!

However, MixFolder - Shows is pointing to(shows content of):

\\server\kidshows\show2 instead of \\server\kidshows

On top of that inside of MixFolder - Shows in addition to season structure of show2, there is a show1 

I thought that perhaps the tags/favorite was incorrectly created so i went to try and change/recreate it but that is impossible because

I tried changing it via Tags by going Video ->Movies(or Shows) ->Tags, but adding a new Tag lands me into the ENTIRE movies or show collection where I am able to select a specific movie or show with no option to select Emby folder. 

Hopefully this doesn't come across as a wall of text:)

Thank you!

Edited by altramarine
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@altramarine

I've just tested with similar structure and what you described didn't happen.

Mixed content: Points to \\server\mixed

I got movies (\\server\mixed\movies) and \\server\mixed\Shows

Inside Shows, I got \\server\mixed\Shows\Show1 and Show2

Scanned in, and they show up correctly in Kodi - Mixed - TV Shows > Show1 and Show2... It's odd that it does that for you, and you've reset your database to make sure?

There shouldn't be any confusion about folder names... unless that's what happened somehow. Maybe an info log of your initial sync will point us in the right direction.

Edited by Angelblue05

altramarine

Thanks for testing. Strange it does it for me then.

Yes, I re-created Kodi database multiple times with the same outcome.

Is my assumption about fixing it via tags a valid one? If so, any idea why I cannot create or change the Tag? (as outlined before)

I have not tested this outside of Titan skin, I wonder if that is another layer to take into consideration.

Edited by altramarine

Angelblue05

Are you able to zip up your database file and PM me the zip? I'll have a look to see. I'm not sure about the tags. The fact that it puts one show into another is very strange behavior, which is why I'm not sure the issue is tags.