Problem playing synced content on Samsung Galaxy Tab2 with 2.4.13

agraves

I've been happily using my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (running Cyanogen Mod 10) to stream media with the new client.  Things had really been improving lately until the 2.4.13 update.  I prefer to use Synced content, as I sometimes have audio/video sync issues if I don't and with the somewhat under-powered tablet it was just more reliable.

Unfortunately, now everything I have synced now fails with the error message "Playback error There was an error processing the request, Please try again later."  I used BSPlayer to play the cached/synced files directly and they play fine.  Strangely, if I delete the sync and stream directly, they play, although some files do still have A/V sync issues.

Also, some files even streaming give a "Hardware accelleration failed" warning and ask if I want to retry.  They work fine (in SW mode, I assume, as I have always had more consistent results with this tablet using software decoding rather than hardware accellerated).

If there is an option on LibVLC to automatically retry without the dialog box that would be a good start, even better would be adding configuration options to control the default decoding mode/settings.

One minor annoyance/pet peeve, where did the arrows that used to be available to go to the next and previous episode within a season go?  It's really annoying to have to go UP to the season then back DOWN into the next episode.  On the whole the new screen layout is a vast improvement and is getting better every release, but this seems like a loss of a useful function.

Thanks for a great application, and keep up the good work!

A proud monthly supporter

Thanks. it was a long release period so we'll have a bug fix update in the next few days. we'll test synced content.

I will try to bring back the arrows, i never really intended to kill them off it's just hard to find a place for them without cluttering up the small screen. putting the left arrow in the top left like before made it very easy to mistake for a normal application back button.

Also did the app ask you about sending a crash log? if so please make sure to send them in.

Thanks. it was a long release period so we'll have a bug fix update in the next few days. we'll test synced content.

I will try to bring back the arrows, i never really intended to kill them off it's just hard to find a place for them without cluttering up the small screen. putting the left arrow in the top left like before made it very easy to mistake for a normal application back button.

Also did the app ask you about sending a crash log? if so please make sure to send them in.

Same problem here.  Samsung Tab 10.  The app did not ask for any crash logs, just stated "Playback error" (as a title box) and inside it "There was an error processing the request, Please try again later"

Since it was synced already I was able to play it via MXPlayer without issues.

Thanks for the great app (supporter here as well).  It appears it might only affect Samsung devices, since so far all reports are for those.

---Eric

Edited by meddaugh

I've been having the same problem with sync since the last app update too. Files will sync to my phone fine and can be played back using VLC and navigating to the sync folder, but when trying to play through the Emby app I get a playback error. The same files will play if I delete the synced copy and stream them from the server. My phone is a HTC One M8, so it's not just a Samsung problem, and synced files were playing perfectly before the last update.

Happy to upload logs if required.

Well, thanks so much, that DID resolve the problem with playing Synced content, but it seems to have caused another problem.  It's fortunate that I saved a synced episode to test with because now whenever I try to start a sync job, either with the old system settings method or the nice new button in the UI, I get "Unfortutately EMBY has stopped" after a few seconds and the job stays at "Ready to Sync".

I'll have to wait and see if it works any better with the regular hourly scheduled job but since kicking it of manually didn't work I assume the results will be the same.

What Happened?

Well, thanks so much, that DID resolve the problem with playing Synced content, but it seems to have caused another problem.  It's fortunate that I saved a synced episode to test with because now whenever I try to start a sync job, either with the old system settings method or the nice new button in the UI, I get "Unfortutately EMBY has stopped" after a few seconds and the job stays at "Ready to Sync".

I'll have to wait and see if it works any better with the regular hourly scheduled job but since kicking it of manually didn't work I assume the results will be the same.

What Happened?

Please see How to report an android problem

Thanks. An update is on it's way out that will resolve it.

Thanks for the update Luke. Synced content now plays, however the resume feature is not functioning and content plays from the start.

Edited by scope99