Unable to Connect

Dissonance
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

Hi everyone. I am having the same problem.  I have windows 7 ultimate and I want to connect to Emby.  The reason being I need a media centre for my computer which will be lost when I go to windows 10.  I have installed Emby but I cannot connect to the server.  When I try to connect it asks for a host name which I don't know.  When I put my computer name in it tells me "Unable to connect to the server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."  I have also entered port forwarding on my router to port 8096 with an ip address of 192.168.1.100. I don't know what more I can do.  Any help please.

Are you able to connect to Web Client?  http://192.168.1.100:8096

Hi everyone. I am having the same problem.  I have windows 7 ultimate and I want to connect to Emby.  The reason being I need a media centre for my computer which will be lost when I go to windows 10.  I have installed Emby but I cannot connect to the server.  When I try to connect it asks for a host name which I don't know.  When I put my computer name in it tells me "Unable to connect to the server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."  I have also entered port forwarding on my router to port 8096 with an ip address of 192.168.1.100. I don't know what more I can do.  Any help please.

what client app are you using?