Suppress messages in Kodi/Titan

EricJan

I am using Kodi with the Emby Addon, mostly Kodi 15.x, Addon 1.1.37 and the Beta Titan skin. I am not sure if it is Kodi or if it is the skin, but I presume the former. Since this install, it presents a lot of extra informational messages. Mostly is is: Opening stream whenever I start watching something and with any type of update it is telling me it is compressing the database. 

Though my technicians heart loves to see all of this, the family questions its existance. So, is there a way to suppress them? Previous versions did not do this. Thanks!

Angelblue05

Opening stream is a default message presented by Kodi when the playback doesn't happen quick enough. Happens by default, no way of disabling it. I am doing a quick clean up in the playback in the hopes of making it faster since we added a few new things such as loading external subtitles (which I think is why it takes a bit longer). Anyway, the message doesn't reflect the actual playback method.

Compressing the database message, in Kodi settings > video > Library > Enable Hide progress of library updates. This should take care of it.