opensubtitles download problem

evox

Hello everybody

I installed emby plugin on my freenas, tried to setup everything but the only problem is to download subtitles, it gives me this error (one example).

Subtitles failed to download for X-Men
Access to the path "/HDD_media/Movies/Movies WMV HD/XMen 2000 1080p.eng.txt" is denied. System.UnauthorizedAccessException at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare) at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.IO.CommonFileSystem.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync) [0x00000] in :0 at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager+c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0

any help?

josh4trunks

or i am stupid but i can't get this working, can you give me a step by step or any help.

That guide is supposed to be a step by step. Please read and understand this https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/permissions.html (chapter 3.4)

Can you give the output when run in the emby jail. That will show who the current owner is and what the current permission levels are.

ls -l /HDD_media/Movies
ls -l /HDD_media/Movies/Movies\ WMV\ HD

That guide is supposed to be a step by step. Please read and understand this https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/permissions.html (chapter 3.4)

Can you give the output when run in the emby jail. That will show who the current owner is and what the current permission levels are.

ls -l /HDD_media/Movies
ls -l /HDD_media/Movies/Movies\ WMV\ HD

total 117

drwxrwxr-x+ 2 1001 wheel 17 Sep 6 20:01 Movies ISO

drwxrwxr-x+ 2 1001 wheel 25 Sep 4 19:55 Movies MKV HD

drwxrwxr-x+ 2 1001 wheel 44 Sep 6 18:40 Movies WMV HD

thanks for your help and your time, this is my output. looks that wheel is a system user from freenas and need to create a emby user with the same permissions level on freenas or i'm wrong

josh4trunks

you don't have to create the user on freenas, but that is one possible solution.

the current problem is that the 'emby' user can't write to that directory. it is only writable by UID 1001 and members of the wheel group. either make the directory world writable (solution 4), change the owner of the directory (solution 1), change the user Emby runs as (solution 2).