New EmbyTV on FreeNAS

dambrosioj

What happens when you exit the web client and come back to it?  Do collections and playlists show up then?  I noticed a problem adding collections initially since nothing was showing up in the web client when I started the server on my FreeNAS box, but it seemed to be a problem actually with the changes showing up in the web client for some reason.  Exiting the web client and returning showed the new additions.

Don't know if you are seeing the same thing, but it's worth a try.

Unfortunatly this does not help. Also reboot, logout, login does not change anything... 

PhilWhite

I don't know if this is an issue with Live TV in a FreeBSD jail or something else -- but I have lost all TV guide data.

For the last few days I have had to force refresh the guide to get any guide data.  I thought it was a minor glitch.  But now refresh works through the process but I still see no guide data.

The other thing I noticed is that series recordings I set while the guide worked do not carry beyond two weeks.  Scheduled recordings populated shows for two weeks, but I should be seeing new shows added to the scheduled recording list now and they are not there.  Right now I have less than two weeks of scheduled recordings and the list stops.

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this behavior, if it is an issue with the server or if it has something to do with interactions in the free BSD environment.

I don't know if this is an issue with Live TV in a FreeBSD jail or something else -- but I have lost all TV guide data.

For the last few days I have had to force refresh the guide to get any guide data.  I thought it was a minor glitch.  But now refresh works through the process but I still see no guide data.

The other thing I noticed is that series recordings I set while the guide worked do not carry beyond two weeks.  Scheduled recordings populated shows for two weeks, but I should be seeing new shows added to the scheduled recording list now and they are not there.  Right now I have less than two weeks of scheduled recordings and the list stops.

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this behavior, if it is an issue with the server or if it has something to do with interactions in the free BSD environment.

I'm not seeing the guide data loss issue (although it's being reported in Alpha testing), but I am seeing the behavior you desribe on Scheduled recordings.  I just checked and one of my series recordings, a daily, will stop tonight, despite clearly having the Series scheduled indefinitely.

Windows 7 running server Version 3.0.5724.3

Edit: Reported in this thread http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25503-new-episodes-not-being-recorded/

Edited by Kent
  • Like 1

PhilWhite

Well the guide problem may have been caused by one of the usual suspects.   Looks like real time monitoring was set to auto.  I thought I had turned it off, but guess not.

Need to watch a few more days, but guide data was there this morning.  Going to try to reset series recordings today and see if they will update themselves in future.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention -- I had problems fast forwarding recorded TV for a little while (using Fire TV), but it has worked fine for the past week. (I'm pretty sure it was a Fire TV issue and that a reboot fixed it) The system is great once again.

Edited by PhilWhite

For series recordings, Luke wrote the following on the thread in the EmbyTV forum: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25503-new-episodes-not-being-recorded/

This is resolved for the next release. A workaround in the meantime is either to use the dev server, or perhaps a simpler way is just to drill into the series recording properties, click save, and that should trigger it to update and schedule the new recordings.

PhilWhite

Thanks, I'll give that a try first.  Great news on the update.  Everything seems to be working wonderfully now and I love the new Fire TV app.  All we need is music and I never need to use Kodi again.

Well, I still have problems with my library. As already written I cannot add new collection and now also a scan for new media is not working correct and new films are not discovered.

Seems that something is corrupted here... Would be very pleased if someone can help to get this fixed..

Here the report from a media scan:

server-63578262162.txt

Edited by cherup

Well, I still have problems with my library. As already written I cannot add new collection and now also a scan for new media is not working correct and new films are not discovered.

Seems that something is corrupted here... Would be very pleased if someone can help to get this fixed..

Here the report from a media scan:

there's some kind of access error being thrown by your file system

Access to the path "/media/usenet/incomplete/falling.skies.s05e01.find.your.warrior.x264-tvp/__ADMIN__" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

in general i don't think it's going to be a good idea to point the server at your incompleted downloads folder.

• 2 years later...