App clients ability to navigate other clients

Ghostm

As a former xbmc user i really like the client apps for my web browser and ios since joining mb3, what i would like to see added to the standard interface remote is navigation, and by that i mean navigation/arrows and buttons to control clients like MBT/MBC. In xbmc you can launch and browse videos like you can with media browser clients, but you can also navigate clients on linux, windows, ect... htpc's that are connected to your tv that otherwise require 3rd party products to control. Sometimes if i have guests i want to navigate on the screen and allow us to scroll through movies so we can all navigate and choose a movie.

I know harmonys and hard button mce remotes might be popular in the mce community, but i would prefer to navigate my htpc media browser theater setup like i could with xbmc with the ios app...on my ipad or iphone, i also dont use hard button universal remotes for home automation anymore, thanks to avsforum i now use a program like roomie remote for ios to control all my devices or individual apps if i want, all i use is a tablet or phone to control every device in my house from tv, to cable, to lighting to a thermostat, one remote to control everything.

Currently you can control pause, stop, play, items in mbt from apps/clients but i would really to be able to navigate clients like mbt as well..... adding some arrows, the ability to bring up menus or subtitles like you could with an mce or harmony remote, ability to use your phones keyboard to do movie searches in mbt ect....only in the app itself... it really removes the need for me to have to invest in another way to control clients like media browser theater and frankly i have no interest in adding a separate hard button remote. I think this is a basic but helpful feature that will improve usability of media browser theater or other htpc clients to come like linux ect...

Here is an example, around 2:40. some xbmc user demonstrating the navigation portion of the app. Just to show where i am coming from. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTpjGxIJGk

Edited by Ghostm