DVD with muliple discs

Palan

Angelblue05

@@Palan @@cw-kid

Hopefully I got this right, please test with 1.1.44 and let me know if everything works with stack://. Thanks!

Edited by Angelblue05

@@Palan @@cw-kid

Hopefully I got this right, please test with 1.1.44 and let me know if everything works with stack://. Thanks!

Hi. Thanks for the update. I tried playing around with the new version. I couldn't get it to play dvd's without enabling 'Use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback'.

And I was unfortunately still not able to get it to play disc 2.

After looking in to it the only suggestion for how it could be done was adding the stack during database synchronization rather than during playback. But I don't know if that is feasible.

Angelblue05

Hm... That's quite disappointing to hear. I had no issues with my test, but they were not dvds. They were labelled -cd1 -cd2 and they stacked into one playable file in Kodi - I could see it with the total time being for both items combined.

@@Palan

Can you provide your Kodi log? Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

@@Palan @@cw-kid

I just updated the add-on to v1.1.44

If I look at the God Father Part II title (which has two DVD discs) in the movie library, it says its 121 minutes. On TheMovieDB site it says the run time is 175 minutes. 

If I try to play The Godfather Part II it says opening stream and then nothing happens it doesn't play.

If I then try to play The Godfather (Part 1) instead that plays OK. 

I don't have a lot of time today as my car needs fixing so will have to look at this later. 

EDIT: I am using the default plug-in paths btw. 

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Seems Kodi is not able to access your share with current credentials. Not sure what's that's about. I will look into adding credentials to passwords.xml rather than to the path. Maybe that will make a difference? :( :

12:36:21 T:5756 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\WHS\Movies" with username "xbmc" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.

Hopefully, the player is simply having difficulties with credentials being part of the path, because later when you tried the first part, the credentials are represented differently.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

I'm not sure what that means? About the credentials, as I said the movie title next to it played OK (single disc). 

Probably unrelated - only difference was my laptop was on Wifi and not connected to the LAN cable. 

I turned off Wifi and connected the LAN cable and tried again, same result the movie title that has two DVD discs does not start to play.

It did use to play OK (the first disc) before the add-on updates.  

Here is another log for this session

http://xbmclogs.com/pmeqntn2j

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

What it means is that the player is unable to load your files due to credentials issue. If you check your logs, you will see that when its part of the stack items, the path is different than when playing the single item in terms of credentials. So I'm hoping the issue is not the stack itself, but simply having credentials being part of the path, when using stack items.

Anyway, I'll look into it more later today hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Well you could try without credentials in the add-on settings, see if that makes a difference? :)

cw-kid

Same thing says Opening Stream and then nothing. 

I removed the username and password from the Emby add-on saved and then restarted Kodi. 

I can still play the other movie title however with the single disc. 

I thought I needed the credentials added in the add-on settings for SMB playback? Or only when using Direct Paths? and not plug-in paths. 

Here is the log for this session

http://xbmclogs.com/pkzoehuvu

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Well it depends, for credentials. Not exactly sure when Kodi requires them. On certain setup, people need them to get their files playing, however if you are able to play files without it, then there's no need to add them to the add-on settings.

Well at least the credential error is gone. However it doesn't even attempt at playing the file now... I will have to check it out later.

If you are able to enable Kodi debug and try playback and post that log, it would be great!

Thanks for the assistance in helping troubleshoot this.

Angelblue05

Here is a log file. I first played a single disc movie, which played fine. Then started a 2 disc movie which never started.

According to your log, you are on version 1.1.39. Can you update to 1.1.44? Then try starting playback again, and post that log? Let me know of the title, and also are you using plugin paths, because that's what I'm looking to make work. Thank :)

According to your log, you are on version 1.1.39. Can you update to 1.1.44? Then try starting playback again, and post that log? Let me know of the title, and also are you using plugin paths, because that's what I'm looking to make work. Thank :)

The add-on information in Kodi says I'm using 1.1.44. Is it possible that it didn't update completely? This was with the settings reset to default.

Angelblue05

@@Palan

Can you give this build a try? I've been working really hard resolving some issues... Please let me know if it works, if it doesn't, post your Kodi log. Thank you. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

@@Palan

Can you give this build a try? I've been working really hard resolving some issues... Please let me know if it works, if it doesn't, post your Kodi log. Thank you. :)

Thanks for working on this. I finally had time to test it. With this version it is possible to skip to disc 2 so it seems to Work :-)

The only downside is that it is not possible to switch chapters on the discs, even if there is only one disc.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

When you say the chapters, do you mean the dvd chapters that you select from the dvd menu?

@@Palan You should be able to access them via the dvd menu osd button (where the mouse cursor is). I have just tested it:

56200f0cdc54c_screenshot058.png

You are correct, that works. But you are no longer able to click the >| and |< buttons to do it.

It is a small thing and it is possible to get around it. Good job.

• Like 1