Login from Kodi issues. Also cannot login from Chrome. Related?

tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr

I am new to Emby but have used MediaBrowser back when it was used as a plugin for Windows Media Center.  Well, I have upgraded to Kodi.  I followed the steps available one HERE and HERE and I even found some other tutorials, searched the web and these forums and cannot find a resolution for my specific issue. 

I cannot login into the Local access login unless using Firefox and when Kodi asked for the password during setup it also fails.  

Am I missing something?

Angelblue05

Kodi requires your local emby user's password. We do not support Emby Connect at the moment.

If you go on your Emby server via your computer, that's the user account password we are requesting. Not your forums password.

tjlmbklr

Kodi requires your local emby user's password. We do not support Emby Connect at the moment.

If you go on your Emby server via your computer, that's the user account password we are requesting. Not your forums password.

I created a password for the Emby server too and still, I cannot login. 

tjlmbklr

@@tjlmbklr

Can you post a log of you trying to log in? See this post to correctly set the logs for us: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help.  I looked through it but didn't se anything but I also may not know what to look for. 

kodi.log

Edited by tjlmbklr

Angelblue05

@@tjlmbklr

Ok one more time, I was hoping it would show what I needed but it didn't. Can you set the Emby add-on debug to Debug instead of Info this time. Repeat the same steps and post the log. Sorry.

Edited by Angelblue05

tjlmbklr

@@tjlmbklr

Ok one more time, I was hoping it would show what I needed but it didn't. Can you set the Emby add-on debug to Debug instead of Info this time. Repeat the same steps and post the log. Sorry.

I hope it updated after tried again.

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I built the login process so I know what it does. If the server returns this error it really means you are not entering the correct password.

Do you recall this and setting up an easy pin password? If so, can you try login in with it in Kodi?:

55dbdc0c3239a_password.png

Angelblue05

Also, why can't I access the Remote Access page?

What do you mean by Remote access page? Do you mean Emby connect via app.emby.media? This is a separate login portal where you can connect to your server via the internet using your forum login information. It is not the same as login directly into the server using your local or external ip address - where you need to log in using the local user password (screenshot above). 

Edited by Angelblue05

tjlmbklr

55dbe3703a248_Capture.jpg

I built the login process so I know what it does. If the server returns this error it really means you are not entering the correct password.

Do you recall this and setting up an easy pin password? If so, can you try login in with it in Kodi?:

55dbdc0c3239a_password.png

What do you mean by Remote access page? Do you mean Emby connect via app.emby.media? This is a separate login portal where you can connect to your server via the internet using your forum login information. It is not the same as login directly into the server using your local or external ip address - where you need to log in using the local user password (screenshot above). 

I have tried the pin and password several times.  I am using the same password I use on 90% of my logins.   Now I am stuck in a loop.  Kodi keeps boucning me back after failed attempts with no option to reset it.  

tjlmbklr

This may be a reason.  I checked to see if the windows service was running and it is not.  When I try to start it I get this error.  Also, should I be setting anything in the properties of that service? (see other pic.).  I tried Uninstalling Emby all together and AVG gave me an error that I wasn't able to grab a screenshot of but it said it was a IDP ALEXA.43 threat. 

55dbe6cc517d7_Capture.jpg

55dbe6db35efc_Capture2.jpg

Angelblue05

At this point, I would expect your logs to say that it's unable to connect to your server, but it doesn't say that. It actually found your user. Then you get a server security exception 401 which means the server processed the authentication and found the username or password don't match what's on record. For it to do that, it means your server is actually running.

So I'm not sure how all of this relate to the issue at hand, I'm not a server expert. However I'd suggest you post your latest discovery in the server section here so you get the appropriate help: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/53-windowsgeneral/

You just need to sort out your local account (HTPC) password because this is where it's failing right now. So at this point I'd just reset your user password by entering your Emby server dashboard (where you took the screenshot of your ip address) > Users > Select your HTPC user > Password tab > reset password. Then enter the password again, press save and restart Kodi so it prompts you for your HTPC account password.

tjlmbklr

At this point, I would expect your logs to say that it's unable to connect to your server, but it doesn't say that. It actually found your user. Then you get a server security exception 401 which means the server processed the authentication and found the username or password don't match what's on record. For it to do that, it means your server is actually running.

So I'm not sure how all of this relate to the issue at hand, I'm not a server expert. However I'd suggest you post your latest discovery in the server section here so you get the appropriate help: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/53-windowsgeneral/

You just need to sort out your local account (HTPC) password because this is where it's failing right now. So at this point I'd just reset your user password by entering your Emby server dashboard (where you took the screenshot of your ip address) > Users > Select your HTPC user > Password tab > reset password. Then enter the password again, press save and restart Kodi so it prompts you for your HTPC account password.

Ok.  1 more quick question then I have to get to bed.  I deal with it tomorrow evening.  What should my Device Name be in Kodi Emby settings?  Default is kodi, but is this referring to my device in Emby, should it be HTPC or HTPC-PC like it shows when logged into Emby?

Edited by tjlmbklr

Angelblue05

Ok, let me know if you make any progress tomorrow then. The device name can be anything you want. You can even disable the alternate device name in setting and it will use the Kodi's default device name - Kodi (pc-name). It's just so you know which Kodi is connected in the event you have more than one. :)

tjlmbklr

Ok, let me know if you make any progress tomorrow then. The device name can be anything you want. You can even disable the alternate device name in setting and it will use the Kodi's default device name - Kodi (pc-name). It's just so you know which Kodi is connected in the event you have more than one. :)

Thanks.  I will hopefully get back to it tomorrow.