Photo

Clicking "Actors" (People) Not Showing All Movies They're In for Library

ActorsPeople Indexing

Best Answer gochiefs88842 , 25 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

Survey says: Manual Advanced Refresh (adding only missing data) for the entire folder/library (not just a specific movie) and then Save solves the problem.  This is obviously a slight workaround, though, so ideally future server updates may address this behavior so that no user action is required.

Thanks to everyone for their input and guidance.

55dc8f29ce9ec_ChristianBalePostAdvancedR

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19136 posts
  • Local time: 02:02 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

So after starting the "adding only missing data" refresh, do you wait several minutes (or hours with a large library) before hitting Save at the bottom of the page?

I ask because I had 1759 people and after doing the above, it jumped to 1820, but with over 2300 movies, I'm obviously still missing like 99% of all my people.  Thanks

After the refresh you will need to run Refresh People task to add the people added to movies metadata. 

On one server I have 2500+ movies with 87,000+ people.

But the mileage may vary depending on your people settings.  (Metadata-Advanced-People)

#22 pclausen OFFLINE  

pclausen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Local time: 05:02 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

At the moment I have just Actors and Directors checked under people settings under Metadata-Advanced-People).

Yes, I used to have 80,000+ people as well until recently.

I have run the Refresh People Task and it completes in a few seconds (3 to be exact), so it is obviously not finding anything to refresh.

It appears that the only people I have, are the ones associated with Movies and TV shows added in the last month or so.

If I got to any of my older movies, they are not showing any people and I'm not able to add them back by doing a refresh.

Here's my 3:10 to Yuma:

3-10%20to%20Yuma.PNG

When I attempt a refresh, I just get that little wheel spinning forever:

3-10%20to%20Yuma2.PNG

Emby server is running Windows 10 and my media library lives on a FreeNAS server that I'm pointing to as follows:

embylibrary.PNG

I used to run Emby as a plugin under FreeNAS, but switched to a dedicated server due to performance issues running it as a plugin.  Come to think of it, when I switched to running Emby on a dedicated server is when this issue started I think.  I have "Everyone" set to full rights to the FreeNAS shares, so I don't think it is a permissions issues.  Besides, the issue is only occurring with old titles, not anything new I have added in the last 30-45 days.

#23 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19136 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

The log is the only way to check if you are having issue.  But I suspect the bug in  3.0.5675.X cycle cleared your cast and crew.  Have you verified People still exist in metadata?  Is Advanced Refresh repopulating that field?  I had to do a library refresh when this happened to me during last release cycle.

#24 pclausen OFFLINE  

pclausen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

Doing an advanced refresh on "3:10 to Yuma" and selecting "Add missing data only" as the refresh mode, does not add any people back to that title.  It just sits there and spins.

I'm not seeing any errors in the logs.

Since there are no issues with new movies that I add, I tried a simple experiment.  I moved my "3:10 to Yuma" folder to a place Emby doesn't scan, re-scanned my library and then validated the title was gone, it wasn't.  Restarted Emby server and now the title was gone.

I then moved it back in and scanned again.  Title is back, and it has people now, but no images:

3-10%20to%20Yuma3.PNG

I next forced a "Refresh People" task, which took all of six seconds, but behold, I now have images to go with my people:

3-10%20to%20Yuma4.PNG

Knowing this, I next went ahead and deleted my Blu-Ray media folder and verified that my movie count went from like 2,300 down to under 400, and my people count was down in the 100's.

I then added the Blu-Ray media back in and forced a media library scan.  When it was done, all my titles were back, but the people count was back in only the mid 1800's as before.  A People scan completed in 3 seconds again and didn't add anything.

So I guess the next thing I'll try is to move the contents of my entire Blu-Ray media folder (30+ TB)  to another location, re-scan, bring it back, and scan again....   I'll report back when done. (it will take a while). 

#25 pclausen OFFLINE  

pclausen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:09 AM

Moving all my Blu-Ray titles to another folder and then back in, did not directly solve the issue.  After the re scanning of the Media folders had completed, my original movie count was back, but the people count remained around ~1,800 even after a refresh of those.

However, I was now able to go in and refresh individual Blu-Ray titles and have the people show up (without images), and then a people refresh would bring in the images.

So I next went into the Metadata manager, selected the Blu-Ray media folder, and kicked off a refresh.  Low and behold, tailing my server log, I'm now seeing activity.

While leaving the browser session running that's chewing through my Blu-Ray media folder (and doing other updates as well), I fired up a 2nd browser session and checked the people count, and it currently at ~8,600 and climbing.

So once it's done, I'll do the same trick of moving the contents of all my other media folders out of their original folders, re-scan, then bring them back in, and do a Metadata refresh.

Not sure why, in my case, I'm having to do this additional step, but at least it seems to finally allow me to restore my people data.

From the little spot checking I have been doing, it doesn't appear that I have lost my Watched status trackers.  My wife would kill me if I had, so that's a good thing, especially when I go to apply this trick to my TV Show media folder!

Edited by pclausen, 30 August 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#26 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Not sure why, in my case, I'm having to do this additional step, but at least it seems to finally allow me to restore my people data.

From the little spot checking I have been doing, it doesn't appear that I have lost my Watched status trackers.  My wife would kill me if I had, so that's a good thing, especially when I go to apply this trick to my TV Show media folder!

Thanks for this post.  I'm having the same problem.  No matter what I did, the people wouldn't populate properly.  (this is after a reload of my whole WMC/emby computer)

Your method worked on one of my movies doing it individually.  However next I'm going to try to just blow away all XML/NFO files from one of my libraries and see if that fixes it.

#27 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for this post.  I'm having the same problem.  No matter what I did, the people wouldn't populate properly.  (this is after a reload of my whole WMC/emby computer)

Your method worked on one of my movies doing it individually.  However next I'm going to try to just blow away all XML/NFO files from one of my libraries and see if that fixes it.

I still have no way of refreshing all people.   Even using the method that pclausen used, I still get only a handful of people  :(

#28 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19136 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Are you getting a lot of 429 errors in your log?  Error means to many requests from TMDB.

#29 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

No, in fact I can download just fine manually.

But for instance the TV show "Arrested Development".   It lists 9 actors but only has pictures of Portia De Rossi ....then I downloaded Jeffrey Tambor myself using Metadata Manager.

Before my system reload I just has pics of all actors for every show/movie.

Edited by JeremyG, 22 September 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#30 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

This is very frustrating.  Is there any way to just blow away all "people" in the database and start over?

#31 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 19136 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

This is very frustrating.  Is there any way to just blow away all "people" in the database and start over?

The only way I can see would be deleting your library.db.

%appdata%\Emby-Server\data

#32 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for this!   My people went from 1800 to 3500+.   They still aren't all there but the logs look like maybe the image server flagged me "Access Token Invalid or Expired".

I'll update people again tomorrow and see if it complete.

#33 JeremyG OFFLINE  

JeremyG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

No luck :(   Initially got a large batch of people, more than I did before, but now it's stuck.

#34 pclausen OFFLINE  

pclausen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:20 AM

My understanding is that this is a known bug and that it will be addressed in a future release.  I currently have 43,495 people for (2.306) movies and 6,917 for TV (154 shows, 8,640 Episodes), for a total of 50,412 People (probably a little less due to some Movie people also being in TV Shows).

I have People configured to only pick up Actors and Directors and I would say I have maybe 10% images at this time.

When I add new Movies and TV Episodes, any new People are added correctly with images.

When I look in my Emby-Server/metadata/people folder, I have a total of 5,823 subfolders, subtracting 30 (the 1,5,A-Z and one Russian letter folder), I have a net of 5,793 actual People folders, which is close to the 10% of People that have images (5,793/50,412*100 = 11.49% to be exact).

Apparently, the way it works is that Emby only creates folders for People once there is metadata/images to store for them, presumably after picking it up from imdb.

So the bug appears that, for existing titles, when running either the people scan or the refresh from the root media folder under Metadata Manager, Emby does not go out to imdb to pick up metadata for existing people that do not yet have any.

Edited by pclausen, 25 September 2015 - 03:31 AM.

#35 pclausen OFFLINE  

pclausen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Installed the latest dev release (3.0.5747.18286) and still no nice.

‚Äč
2015-09-26 11:40:04.1508 Info - App: Executing Refresh people
2015-09-26 11:40:36.2190 Info - App: People validation complete
2015-09-26 11:40:36.3283 Info - App: Refresh people Completed after 0 minute(s) and 32 seconds
2015-09-26 11:40:36.3283 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-09-26 11:40:36.4533 Error - HttpServer: Error in HttpListenerResponseWrapper: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.0.5747.18286
 Command line: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 Processor count: 8
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: False
 Program data path: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
 Application Path: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
 System.IO.IOException
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.Close()
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.Extensions.CloseOutputStream(HttpListenerResponse response, ILogger logger)
 InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ActorsPeople, Indexing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users