Clicking "Actors" (People) Not Showing All Movies They're In for Library

gochiefs88842
Go to solution Solved by gochiefs88842,

Not sure why, in my case, I'm having to do this additional step, but at least it seems to finally allow me to restore my people data.

From the little spot checking I have been doing, it doesn't appear that I have lost my Watched status trackers.  My wife would kill me if I had, so that's a good thing, especially when I go to apply this trick to my TV Show media folder!

Thanks for this post.  I'm having the same problem.  No matter what I did, the people wouldn't populate properly.  (this is after a reload of my whole WMC/emby computer)

Your method worked on one of my movies doing it individually.  However next I'm going to try to just blow away all XML/NFO files from one of my libraries and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for this post.  I'm having the same problem.  No matter what I did, the people wouldn't populate properly.  (this is after a reload of my whole WMC/emby computer)

Your method worked on one of my movies doing it individually.  However next I'm going to try to just blow away all XML/NFO files from one of my libraries and see if that fixes it.

I still have no way of refreshing all people.   Even using the method that pclausen used, I still get only a handful of people  :(

Happy2Play

Are you getting a lot of 429 errors in your log?  Error means to many requests from TMDB.

No, in fact I can download just fine manually.

But for instance the TV show "Arrested Development".   It lists 9 actors but only has pictures of Portia De Rossi ....then I downloaded Jeffrey Tambor myself using Metadata Manager.

Before my system reload I just has pics of all actors for every show/movie.

Edited by JeremyG

Happy2Play

This is very frustrating.  Is there any way to just blow away all "people" in the database and start over?

The only way I can see would be deleting your library.db.

%appdata%\Emby-Server\data

Thanks for this!   My people went from 1800 to 3500+.   They still aren't all there but the logs look like maybe the image server flagged me "Access Token Invalid or Expired".

I'll update people again tomorrow and see if it complete.

pclausen

My understanding is that this is a known bug and that it will be addressed in a future release.  I currently have 43,495 people for (2.306) movies and 6,917 for TV (154 shows, 8,640 Episodes), for a total of 50,412 People (probably a little less due to some Movie people also being in TV Shows).

I have People configured to only pick up Actors and Directors and I would say I have maybe 10% images at this time.

When I add new Movies and TV Episodes, any new People are added correctly with images.

When I look in my Emby-Server/metadata/people folder, I have a total of 5,823 subfolders, subtracting 30 (the 1,5,A-Z and one Russian letter folder), I have a net of 5,793 actual People folders, which is close to the 10% of People that have images (5,793/50,412*100 = 11.49% to be exact).

Apparently, the way it works is that Emby only creates folders for People once there is metadata/images to store for them, presumably after picking it up from imdb.

So the bug appears that, for existing titles, when running either the people scan or the refresh from the root media folder under Metadata Manager, Emby does not go out to imdb to pick up metadata for existing people that do not yet have any.

Edited by pclausen

pclausen

Installed the latest dev release (3.0.5747.18286) and still no nice.

​
2015-09-26 11:40:04.1508 Info - App: Executing Refresh people
2015-09-26 11:40:36.2190 Info - App: People validation complete
2015-09-26 11:40:36.3283 Info - App: Refresh people Completed after 0 minute(s) and 32 seconds
2015-09-26 11:40:36.3283 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-09-26 11:40:36.4533 Error - HttpServer: Error in HttpListenerResponseWrapper: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.0.5747.18286
 Command line: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 Processor count: 8
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: False
 Program data path: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
 Application Path: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
 Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
 System.IO.IOException
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.Close()
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.Extensions.CloseOutputStream(HttpListenerResponse response, ILogger logger)
 InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)