Smart Shortcuts Empty

majestic

I am not sure if this is an issue with the Titan skin or with Emby for Kodi itself, so please move this to the appropriate sub-forum if necessary. I am having difficulty adding a new Menu Shortcut for one of my libraries.

I have three libraries setup in Emby, All Movies, Kids Movies and TV Series as shown below:

55ccd1fa6da6c_emby.png

I setup Emby for Kodi with the Titan skin and it successfully pulled in my Movies and TV libraries. Everything seems to be working fine. I then tried to add a new Menu Shortcut for my Kids Movies library using the "Edit Menu Shortcuts" in the Skin Options. I selected Smart Shortcuts for Emby > Kids Movies > Kids Movies and hit enter.

55ccd44a6e664_screenshot000.png

The new Menu Shortcut shows up correctly. I click it and get the submenu with Kids Movies as an option. When I click that I get an empty screen with no movies listed.

55ccd478c007f_screenshot001.png

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this so that my Kids Movies library will show up here?

Angelblue05

If you navigate to settings > add-ons > your enable add-ons > video add-ons > Emby and you launch emby and navigate to the section you are trying to add to your menu, does it show content?

I see the sections just fine as I would expect, but there is no content listed in "Kids Movies". The "All Movies" and "TV Series" sections show content correctly.

55cd071d9a4b1_screenshot000.png

55cd077388454_screenshot002.png

55cd078616bc2_screenshot001.png

Angelblue05

Ok then maybe the problem lies within the Emby add-on. Which version are you using (stable or beta)?

The add-on browser says Emby version 1.1.13. Not sure how to tell if it's stable or beta.

Edit. Looks like I installed it from the Emby 1.0.2 Stable repository.

Edited by majestic

Angelblue05

Yeah you are using Stable. If I find anything that explains it, I'll let you know. Are the kids movies not showing at all, or are they accidentally grouped with your other movies?

Edited by Angelblue05

It's not accidental, but they are in my All Movies library because I have the folders included in that library as well.

55cd0c4a59ad9_20150813_142814.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No I mean in Kodi..... Sorry should have been more precise. If you go in All movies are the kids movies in there?

Yes. In Kodi under the Movies menu > sub-menu All Movies, I have the kids movies listed alongside my other movies.

I'm just getting started with Kodi/Emby and I really appreciate you helping me out.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Is it possible for you to remove the kids stuff from your "movies" in your Emby library? Then reset/rescan your library in Kodi via launching the Emby add-on.

The issue is the file needs to be unique to the path given in Kodi. Since it's the same path in both of your sections "/movies/Kids Blu-ray" and "/movies/Kids DVD", your kids movies are being tagged under All movies. If you remove it from your "movies" library section and only have them in the kids movies section, they will get properly tagged as kids movies and will appear under the section.

This should hopefully resolve your issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thank you for the great explanation on why this is happening. That makes perfect sense.

Unfortunately, it leads me into a catch-22 situation, but that discussion is certainly off topic. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot the issue.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you explain? :) You can group by types if you want in the webclient (click on your user > preferences). This way you can group your movies and kids movies together without physically being in both libraries.

For example, Movies and UFC are both type "Movies". If I checked both of them, emby would group both libraries as one.

55cd23114bbae_views2.png

Edited by Angelblue05

Sure, I'll do my best to be concise. I am sure that I'm just not connecting the dots and it's leading to a bit of frustration on my part getting everything to work.

The problem with grouping the two libraries in Emby is that I lose the nice entry point in the web client (and other Emby clients).

Without Grouping:

55cd2743f2a62_image001.png

55cd275343a1d_image002.png

With Grouping:

55cd27f9218cb_image003.png

55cd280a147f9_image004.png

So, while grouping the libraries does allow me to setup a new Menu Shortcut in Kodi and it makes navigating the sub-sections of my libraries easier, it produces the exact opposite effect in any of the my other Emby clients (Emby for WMC, Web Client and I presume Roku, but I haven't tried it yet). It would appear to me that grouping in Emby is un-grouping in Kodi, and vise-versa.

I simply want to have an easy way to view my entire movie library (All Movies) and I also want be able to create sub-sections (Kids Movies, Martial Arts Movies, Wife's Movies) for quick/easy navigation. I would like that organization to be unified across all my clients/devices. I tried to ask for some suggestions to accomplish this just in Emby with more detail in another post, but that didn't get much traction (http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23466-collections-libraries-and-views/). I ended up just setting up separate folders on the server and using separate libraries in Emby to create easy navigation. That seemed to work okay on my clients, but that was before I began experimenting with Kodi and ran into this issue.

Perhaps there is some combination of Collections, Tags, Favorites, or Playlists that will work for what I want, but my experimenting hasn't lead to much success. I'd love to get more details about how other users are configuring their setups.

Thanks for listening and for any suggestions you might have.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Gotcha. Yes Emby doesn't give that flexibility, like Kodi doesn't give the flexibility of the types of media. Unfortunately, you've ran into one of the limitations of Kodi with the way you are doing things in Emby.

You have two choices at this point. Leave your library as is (with the duplicates) and create a playlist based on MPAA rating to recreate your Kids movies in Kodi, from the All Movies section (where everything is grouped up already).

The other option would be to delete the duplicates in your Emby library. You'd lose the "All Movies" access in webclient, but you would have the All movies section in Kodi and all your Emby library sections for your sub-sections via Emby for Kodi.

The second option is how I have my library set up. I even make use of tags (which are also another way to separate your library into your Emby sections) to group views together. You could have Movies + Kids movies as a playlist in Kodi using tags, if you don't want to use Kodi's all movies entry.

Edited by Angelblue05