Duplicate Episodes after last server update

Crestj

After updating the server to version 3.0.5076.20161 it seems to have duplicated episodes in ALL my TV shows.

It appears to think they are now missing and therefore unseen.

Not sure if a full meta refresh would clear things up (it doesn't appear to help when I tried this on a single season).

Is anyone else seeing this?

Capture.jpg

Not sure if this is your issue but there is a period of time between when a new episode is added and when the next full library scan runs when both the missing and actual episode will show up.

After restarting MB server and the MBC PC and leaving it overnight it appears to have cleared it away.

It did leave me having to set all my watched status's again though which is a shame (Trakt import didn't work as I think the "new" episodes were named different)

This morning the duplicates are gone for me too... but now the episode numbers aren't showing. That's in MBT, MBC, and the web UI -- all TV shows.

I have exactly the same issue after updating to the latest version of the server 3.0.5076.20161. I have lost the numbers against the episodes in the title and now i have a duplicate missing episode but that has the episode number. If i manually refresh the episode then it gets the episode number back and after a library scan the missing episode disappears.

Folder structure is:

Friends/season 6/1 - the one after vegas

I have exactly the same issue after updating to the latest version of the server 3.0.5076.20161. I have lost the numbers against the episodes in the title and now i have a duplicate missing episode but that has the episode number. If i manually refresh the episode then it gets the episode number back and after a library scan the missing episode disappears.

Folder structure is:

Friends/season 6/1 - the one after vegas

that's an anomaly related to using a naming convention that's not on our official support list. we're unable to get the episode number directly from the file name and have to rely on metadata in order to get it. i know why your episode numbers were lost from our db and it's due to another change i made. refreshing individual titles will read the xml again and will fix it.  in any event, even though that will get you back up and running, you'll continue to see quirks such as that until we either add that convention to our support list, or you switch to one on the list. we have an open ticket to add it, but i can't say when it might happen.

Can you guys show us what your folder structure and filename is for the files?

I'd be happy to... but I don't think it's relevant, my folder structure has been fine for several years. On deeper research, I found that the 'episode number' had been removed from ALL episodes in the MB3 database, as seen in the Web UI... although they were still in the local XML files for each episode. So I ran a full Refresh of the TV Shows collection from the Web UI and now they're all back. Something pretty worrying there, though... I hope this isn't going to happen with subsequent server upgrades!

Update after seeing Luke's response... I've always used the '101' '102' etc filename format, and it's kinda rough to suddenly change that! If the correct data is in the XML files, the DB should pick it up from there, not from the filenames!

Edited by pagali

I'd be happy to... but I don't think it's relevant, my folder structure has been fine for several years. On deeper research, I found that the 'episode number' had been removed from ALL episodes in the MB3 database, as seen in the Web UI... although they were still in the local XML files for each episode. So I ran a full Refresh of the TV Shows collection from the Web UI and now they're all back. Something pretty worrying there, though... I hope this isn't going to happen with subsequent server upgrades!

It is probably the same thing I just outlined above.

DarkKniyt (John)

Same issue here but.......

My naming convention for episodes are:

"Series\Season\01 Episode.xxx"

But in the metadata the episode is numbered as "1".

So why wouldn't the metadata episode number work?

Also, I have also lost all of my Watched-Status.

Also, I have tried several refreshes and this has not worked.

for the series that are affected, go to the series edit page and click refresh. if they're all affected, delete the library.db file.

Edited by Luke

Same issue here but.......

My naming convention for episodes are:

"Series\Season\01 Episode.xxx"

But in the metadata the episode is numbered as "1".

So why wouldn't the metadata episode number work?

Also, I have also lost all of my Watched-Status.

Also, I have tried several refreshes and this has not worked.

for the series that are affected, go to the series edit page and click refresh. if they're all affected, delete the library.db file.

DarkKniyt (John)

Thanks for the info.

I decided to go ahead and rename all of my episodes to an accepted format and that fixed the issue for me.

I have the issue of the missing episode number. My folder/file naming structure is Series Name / Season xx / xx - Episode Name.ext, I thought this was an excepted convention, if not what is?

To abide by the proper convention should it be season xx or season x. Is the recommended filename 'series name SxxExx episode name.ext'?

We actually just added that convention with yesterday's beta. Once you have that, you should delete your library.db file. Or just force refresh the affected series from the series edit pages.

SilentAssassin

I have the issue of the missing episode number. My folder/file naming structure is Series Name / Season xx / xx - Episode Name.ext, I thought this was an excepted convention, if not what is?

To abide by the proper convention should it be season xx or season x. Is the recommended filename 'series name SxxExx episode name.ext'?

Edited by SilentAssassin